• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL [FINISHED] GMC Feedback Survey - SEPT 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Hey everyone! We want to get a better idea of how you all use, and what you think about the GMC (including any improvements you'd like to see!). We're going to be running a few anonymous surveys and would appreciate an honest response from you.

So we ask you to please take the first survey below:

[FINISHED]

Thanks!

Last edited:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
It would be really great if YYG listened to the suggestions in the survey and made actual changes!
We all know that's not gonna happ-*gets shot by Mike*

I'm curious to see the changes this will set in motion, though... whether I'll be around to see them depends on how many people suggest Mike to shoot me, of course.

Is this being promoted anywhere aside from being in the announcements forum? It should. (Should I file "promote GMC surveys more" as a suggestion? :p)

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Is this being promoted anywhere aside from being in the announcements forum? It should. (Should I file "promote GMC surveys more" as a suggestion? :p)
I've put a post out on our social media channels and I'll be messaging this around to try and get as many responses as possible! I think I've just set up a banner on the front page as well.

Coded Games

The only issue that I have with the forum is that there is a really weird bug when typing in Safari on iOS. If you reach the end of the text box, selecting and moving the cursor start to bug out. I will use this message as an example of what is going on. I have attached a video showing the problem. Things kind of work until you have reached the bottom of the text box and then suddenly the cursor is completely off the screen. This also makes it nearly impossible to edit text properly. Here is a link showing the problem: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0BYkR6PGMlWz5fVMIRmTUW3Eg

JeffJ

This is indeed a great initiative. I've replied and will always reply to surveys like these. I hope they will actually be taken into serious consideration! :)

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Going to wrap this up now and take a look at the feedback! Hopefully, because it's anonymous, we should be able to share some of the data with you all. Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.