FINAL FANTASY VII Remake question

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
I can't wait for FINAL FANTASY VII Remake, but it's still a long time since it will release.
How do I make FINAL FANTASY VII Remake in GMS2 so I can already start playing it early?

ElectroMan

Jack of All Shades
I can't really answer that cheeky question, but I can say that personally speaking Final Fantasy VII's story is an emo's wet dream. It tries so hard to be edgy that it forgets to have a coherent story. Give me FF VI anytime of the day. How about a remake of that masterpiece instead.

Roa

not looking forward to how they will 💩💩💩💩 this up.
The game play tweaks already looks like 💩💩💩💩. No one asked for hold-button for combat. They keep saying turn based games are dead, but every time one of their sub studios makes game, it outsells all the new 💩💩💩💩. Square is kinda pathetic anymore.

Honestly, if they don't make more missions, areas, and more subplots, I couldn't care less.

As someone who isn't really a fan of FFVII's story nor its braindead-easy turn-based combat, I'm looking forward to this a little. It's got ex-KH2 people working on it, and if it's anywhere near as good as KH2 Final Mix is, it's going to be the best gameplay FF has had in decades.

Cpaz

As someone who isn't really a fan of FFVII's story nor its braindead-easy turn-based combat, I'm looking forward to this a little. It's got ex-KH2 people working on it, and if it's anywhere near as good as KH2 Final Mix is, it's going to be the best gameplay FF has had in decades.
This is literally my mindset when first looking at the initial gameplay reveal. This E3 showed me literally what I wanted from 15 (which was very mediocre as far as combat was concerned, the story was pretty good though).
So yeah, I'm excited for it!
Square-Enix has me by the collar this winter and I'm all for it.

not looking forward to how they will **** this up.
The game play tweaks already looks like ****. No one asked for hold-button for combat. They keep saying turn based games are dead, but every time one of their sub studios makes game, it outsells all the new ****. Square is kinda pathetic anymore.

Honestly, if they don't make more missions, areas, and more subplots, I couldn't care less.
Eh- different strokes for different folks I guess. To be honest, this is probably the best way they could have remade it (minus the weird episodic nature of it). Square has been trying to reel in a new audience for FF since 13 (see versus 13 and the three different iterations of normal 13). Which isn't bad- per se. They've just been handling it like crap.
Again, I'm looking forward to this game, as a non-FF fan. They always have the originals for those who want it.

I thought the Final Fantasy VII Remake was being made in GMS2. Huh...

Every time I hear something about this game I get nervous. All they had to do was bring the graphics up to today's standards, clarify some things that got lost in translation the first time around, and add voice acting. They didn't need to add a bunch of new plot points or ditch turn-based battles or do whatever the hell they're doing with summons. That being said, every time I see new footage I instinctively go for my wallet (You can actually see materia in your weapon? Here's sixty dollars.) I don't necessarily think it'll be a bad game, its just a matter of whether or not it'll feel like Final Fantasy VII. I feel like the franchise as a whole has been missing something intangible for a while lately. The last game in the main series that has really felt like a "true" Final Fantasy to me (not counting the FF VIII remaster) was probably FF XII. Hopefully this remake can recapture the magic, but I don't know if that's a realistic thing to hope for.

But yeah, let's get to work on remaking FF VI and Tactics. Seriously, people.