1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

GML File Drag&Drop to Window / Get file location string by dragging to window target

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by Mr Giff, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Mr Giff

Mr Giff Member

Hey guys,

I'm looking for an extension or help making an extension that adds the functionality of dragging and dropping a file on a window to game maker on Mac OS. Essentially, when you drag, say, an audio file or a text file onto the game window, I want to retrieve a string for that file's location so I can then work with it.

I know a bit of Swift but the documentation on dylibs (and to that extent game maker and dylibs) is incredibly sparse and hard to find resources for.

If anyone could help that'd be amazing.

As for what I'd use it for: I make various software tools to help me make games. I also have an idea for a hacking game that uses dummy files on your actual computer that you'd drag and drop.

Thanks again!

2. Mr Giff

Mr Giff Member

Bump.