• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows File Corrupted

T

TheKidCode

After updating my account today, it said my project got corrupted. I can't open the game and everything is unorganized (not in folders). What do I do?
Specifically: [Could not find any rooms in the project - could be caused by file corruption (check for errors on project load)]
(Note; when I checked the output tab, it only said the same error.)
(EDIT: I'm not able to recover the old file anymore, however I imported its resources into another project. I no longer need help.)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

Instead of ranting again about why GM shouldn't be corrupting people's projects as often as it does, I'm going to go with the flow like everyone else and say that you should've backed up your project, preferably through source control. I'm sorry this happened.

I know of a different community who is studying the YYP format for unrelated reasons, and may be able to recover it, whether in whole or in part, but the only person who is capable of doing it over there, is too busy to be bothered with requests like these and he'd probably be bombarded with dozens of requests a week if people knew about his area of expertise and contact info. To be technical, YoYo could help corrupted projects as well, they just cba for similar reasons.