HTML5 Fight Knight – 1 on 1 Medieval battling for 1 or 2 players in a browser.

MrDave

I’m looking to get feedback on this game I have been working on. Its just early stages but I have given it enough polish to start getting public opinions and if I get enough good feedback I will expand the game to have more maps and maybe more weapons (though at the moment I like the fact it is a perfectly fair fight).

Play it here in your browser: http://www.davetech.co.uk/swordfighting

KurtBlissZ

The presentation of the game is nice. The gameplay at least for single player is a little bland though maybe there's a little more strategy than I think. I could see this fun to play against someone else if I had a friend atm. For single player I think you should be able to use the arrow keys too to move, at least in the final version.

MrDave

The presentation of the game is nice. The gameplay at least for single player is a little bland though maybe there's a little more strategy than I think. I could see this fun to play against someone else if I had a friend atm. For single player I think you should be able to use the arrow keys too to move, at least in the final version.
Thanks for your feedback! You are right about it being bland, I have been putting a lot of thought into how I want to give a deeper experience.

Also you can rebind the controls from the settings so I’m less worried about that.

D

darthlupi

Does the game lend itself to easily have multiple opponents on screen, or is it written for only one baddy at a time?
Sometime bland can be fixed with multiplication!

I enjoyed the overall feel of the combat. I would be neat to have more attack types also.
I liked how you had to wait for the openings. Maybe make failed hits against the shield leave you open for longer?
Risk / reward system built in right there. Should I be aggressive and get the hits or bait the enemy to strike my shield making them fall prey to my manly sword prowess?

MrDave

Thanks for the feedback!
Does the game lend itself to easily have multiple opponents on screen, or is it written for only one baddy at a time?
Sometime bland can be fixed with multiplication!
I thought about this a lot, however I assumed that by adding more enemies you actually became less aware of what each one was doing and the game becomes more ‘spammy’ .

I enjoyed the overall feel of the combat. I would be neat to have more attack types also.
I liked how you had to wait for the openings. Maybe make failed hits against the shield leave you open for longer?
Risk / reward system built in right there. Should I be aggressive and get the hits or bait the enemy to strike my shield making them fall prey to my manly sword prowess?
You can actually combo the attacks so the first attack goes right to left, then left to right and then you get a quicker sweep attack. However I also agree they all feel to similar.

I think I will add in this shield idea *adds to todo list*

Thanks again.