Feedback on Logo

R

Robzoid

Could you guys give me some feedback on my logo? Below is a rough sketch of it. My friend and I are a two person team. I do the code. He does the art. We wanted to reflect this in the logo and show that we're just two people - not some big development team. 100% honest feedback would be much appreciated. Good or bad.

R

Robzoid

not bad. I would do something with the spacing around the N. Long day and it took me a moment to sort it out in my head.
Thanks for the feedback. Here it is in color. Do you think it still has the same readability problem or do you think the colors fix the original problem?

G

Guest User

We have very similar profile pictures, nice. And yes, this is a very good looking logo. Adding apostrophes before and after the N might make it look more legible, I had to read it twice to realise it was 'Code N (and) Arts' rather than 'Code Narts' even though you have differing colours for each word.

Bulletech

Colour/digital draw up looks great, cartoony and not too serious, I second the apostrophe idea for the N
Making it fit certain formats/scaling may be annoying? as its quite a bit wider than its height

curato

The color definitely helps. Just keep in mind in business that you often need variations on you logos. It might not be a big deal today, but I always try to make a logo that works in black and white as well.

The color definitely helps. Just keep in mind in business that you often need variations on you logos. It might not be a big deal today, but I always try to make a logo that works in black and white as well.
In that event, they'd most likely be good with just using the text portion of the logo where size, color, or format are a concern. Those text items have a lot of character and can stand on their own if and when necessary.

Alexx

I'm not great at making logos myself, but here is some feedback.
I don't like the logo as it stands at the moment, mainly due to:
  • Too much black
  • Font looks too much like Comic Sans.
  • Would look quite bad if drawn in black & white ot gray scale.

Something to consider with any logo is how will it look on a T-shirt? I recommend simplifying the colors. Do you need 3 colors in the center?

curato

In that event, they'd most likely be good with just using the text portion of the logo where size, color, or format are a concern. Those text items have a lot of character and can stand on their own if and when necessary.
My entire point was the text doesn't work well without the color.

pixeltroid

There are way too many elements.

Logos need to be more simplified.

Use an actual typeface...instead of just tracing over your doodle.

Logos also needs to be legible in a single color, and in very small sizes. Have you imagined how your logo would look as an icon on a smartphone?

I suggest you create a symbol to represent your concept (a curly bracket and pencil to represent code and art, I guess). Then integrate the symbol with your lettering.

If I were you, I would not use the 2 heads as part of the official logo. I'd just use it as a supporting graphic (for example, as the header on your twitter/facebook page).

HayManMarc

These guys are being pretty critical. I think it looks cool and original the way you have it. One thing tho, you might want to make the lettering in "games" more consistent.

You can make icons out of pieces of the logo, like the bracket and pencil as suggested above.

I like that its all one word, too, without the apostrophes or hyphens. Gives it more originality, IMO.

R

Raonak

It looks pretty neat, the apostrophe is probably a good idea, because i kept thinking "what does codenarts mean? is it meant to be codenauts?"
It does scream "indie" which is probably exactly what you're going for.

the only other thing is that since it's so wide, you probably want a compact variant of the logo which is less wide.

My entire point was the text doesn't work well without the color.
I think that if the colors were removed and the rest of the image remained, the text would get kind of lost with all of the other elements, but if it were just the text as black and white, it might be ok. —matter of taste I guess.

M

marsbarnigiri

Not bad.

How would it look if you put the curly brace as a substitute for the letter C and having a pencil come down from the letter T?