Graphics Feedback on character.

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by Afletch88, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Afletch88

Afletch88 Member

This is my first time doing any real game art, I've mainly only made flat design characters and such, and a few things. Any opinions on color and such would be great, I'm very open to any feedback.
    [​IMG]
    He has like dual lightsaber-esque claws on each his hands. I plan to control the beam and such through player input eventually.

2. Lucia

Lucia Member

it's nice, but yhe "dual lightsaber-esque claws" are not so "clear". When I see them, I don't undestand what they are. And I'm not so sure about his feet. The beard is amazing

3. Afletch88

Afletch88 Member

Yeah, I forgot to mention they're only visible when your in combat, my apologies. The feet I wasn't too sure on myself. And thanks about the beard! :) Here is a somewhat revamped version, I really like. I'm trying to get a flowing cape working but animating it is so rigid.

[​IMG]

4. Lucia

Lucia Member

in this one I don't like the "cloat-border". It has no flat style. I also prefer the style beard of the previous (not symmetric and without shadow). Sorry :(
    the feet now are perfect.

5. Afletch88

Afletch88 Member

Yeah, with the cloak it's kinda hard to keep it fully flat, because I want the tattering effect, while playing around with looks and such I've decided to make his right arm missing, and I'll have some sort of weapon affixed
    to it, kinda like Ash vs Evil Dead style.

[​IMG]

6. Lucia

Lucia Member

replacing the green with the violet (about the shirt) he is more "dark" :)

7. Afletch88

Afletch88 Member

Yeah I figured with the hood if he had a brighter color it just wouldn't look right, thanks for all the feedback by the way :)

8. Lucia

Lucia Member

you're welcome! Good luck with your game :)

9. Niels

Niels Member

His legs look a bit long compared to his body, other than that it's pretty cool flat design:) (love flat design!)