Demo [May 2020 - Near Release Demo] Scoot Or Die - Action Roguelite

PNelly

This is Scoot Or Die

Take to the desert on your dusty cycle, and use your wits and scrap to fight the good fight! Destroy the goons of Judd the Unclean, collect oil to trade for equipment and upgrades, and explore an endless, desolate western world!

Inspired by Powerhoof's Riders of Rhea and Subset Game's Faster than Light

Scoot or Die on
Itch.io
Please refer to this article to play on MacOS, until we have a developer account: article

Fighting for Your Life
1.png

Scouring Equipment for Sale
store.png

Narrowly Escaping a Flattening
2.png

May 2020

Scoot or Die has been in development for about eight months, and is becoming a mature project. As we near release, myself (Patrick) and Carson are setting our tack to gather feedback on areas where SoD still needs improvements. Check out our itch.io page for access to a free demo, and please share your thoughts on the game (like it or hate it) with us so we can continue to iterate.

Thanks for Playing!
Patrick & Carson - Perch Drunk Thugz

Attachments

Last edited:

Cpaz

I really like how this feels! Although, I will say, i'd like alternate key bindings. Or at least some way of changing them (i'm a lefty).
But yeah, seems promising! Is there anything beyond just a motorcycle shootout right now? Or is there anything to explore or discover?

PNelly

February 2020 update! Details included in the top post. Free demo available on Itch.

@Cpaz I'd like to acknowledge your post from way back in October, thanks for taking the time to browse and play! Your request for key bindings did actually make it onto the feature list, I'd like to see that happen. What keys would work well for a lefty?

At the time, it was just the motorcycle shootout as you ask. Now there's a small population of items to go discover, and at least some progression between levels. Beware the storm ;)

Cpaz

@Cpaz I'd like to acknowledge your post from way back in October, thanks for taking the time to browse and play! Your request for key bindings did actually make it onto the feature list, I'd like to see that happen. What keys would work well for a lefty?
That's where you're going to get many differing opinions.
I've heard of people who use the arrow keys religiously, some have used OKL and ";", but I personally use IJKL.
There's never really been a standard set by any lefty out there. I'll personally probably use IJKL as the left-handed default, but your best bet is to have rebindable keys.

But hey! I'll always appreciate being considered when discussing left-handed controls! Especially when talking about PC games. Thanks!

scorpafied

cool to see so many improvements.

if your looking for some inspiration for black and white games two really amazing ones are "gato roboto" and "bob & bernard against the nazis"

u might be able to get some ideas how they did certain things.

in regards to key bindings i dont use any of the discussed. id say the best trade off is to amke the current ones the default. and in a menu allow people to change the controls to whatever

PNelly

May 13th 2020!

There may be light (or an oncoming train) at the end of the tunnel. A much, much improved free demo is available for you guys to try! Hoping to gather more feedback as we iterate towards our release version.

@scorpafied we actually looked at both of those games while we thought about our new style! Our strongest inspiration probably wound up being Minit, which is another black and white title.