• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Feature Suggestion

NetZvezda

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here it goes. I (and I am sure many others) would like to have a native support for Spriter and other 2d skeletal animation programs, not just Spine. This would give developers more flexibility in choosing which software to use for animations.

I am well aware that there is an extension for Spriter, but its not as good as the native support gms has for Spine.

rIKmAN

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here it goes. I (and I am sure many others) would like to have a native support for Spriter and other 2d skeletal animation programs, not just Spine. This would give developers more flexibility in choosing which software to use for animations.

I am well aware that there is an extension for Spriter, but its not as good as the native support gms has for Spine.
This isn't gonna happen, they can't even keep support for Spine up to date and the recommended version of Spine to be used with GMS2 was released 2yrs ago - that's how far behind it is.

You may want to look at this thread where Nux has started building his own runtime of sorts which includes support for Spriter.