• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Feature Request : Room editor object Tool Box

Kapser

I have dozens of layers and sub layers, and hundreads of rooms and objects. I will say that as much as I love layers, they can make making levels one pain in the ass. Here is my solution.

Room Toolbox :
I would like to have a toolbox like a color palette tool, for instances. A box where I could pick all the objects I need for my level and not have to search through two different tree for every change.
I could drag and drop the objects in the tool box, and select a layer for them. So when I would select to put that instance in my room, it would automatically select it's assigned layer.

Another quick suggestion (maybe I didn't find it), but I would like a hotkey to click any instance in the room, and it's layer to be automatically selected.

Ednei

Another quick suggestion (maybe I didn't find it), but I would like a hotkey to click any instance in the room, and it's layer to be automatically selected.
figura.png

By clicking on this button, you can select any instance in the room and it will automatically be the corresponding layer.

Well, personally I miss being able to drag all the objects and tiles in the room at the same time. I built a room with several levels that was not centralized. As in the example below:

move.jpg

I take this opportunity to add this suggestion.

Ednei

Kapser

While I'm at it, the ultimate dream for anyone making an exploration game would be to be able to put rooms in these tool box.
Let's say I have a box with a grid where i can place my room and open the room that i click on, I would then position the rooms one relative to another on a map! *drooling*