• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[Feature Request] Regex for Search & Replace window

R

Rekenq

It would be great to have a checkbox on the Search & Replace window that would allow to use a Regex for searching instead of the exact string search (with the options of case sensitive and whole whord only).

Imagine you have good sized project and you want to search for places where you have used the instance_create_layer function for objects created in an "Enemy" layer. Since there are 2 parameters (x and y) before the layer one, right now you have no choice but to search for all the usages of instance_create_layer, and read every entry so you can see where you used "Enemy".

With a regex you could filter out results by using something like this: instance_create_layer(.*,.*,\s*"Enemy", as the search string, saving you the time of going through the results and filtering them out yourself.

It'd be awesome to have this functionality!

R

Rekenq

Hi! The editor looks great with all those features, no doubt I'll give it a try.

I've got to say, your post on custom loading bar/screen for HTML5 saved me so many days of work.

Thank you very much!