Feedback [Feature Request] dock tabs

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by RoyalGuardians, May 18, 2019.

1. RoyalGuardians

RoyalGuardians Member

output of information in custom docktabs, for example the possibility of creating a docktab with the title "BattleLog" and through a function "show_message (Message, docktab)" I can print the information I want in them, I know it exists the "show_debug_message ()" but even so I still find it a bit messy and I would very much like it to have a way of separating the information easily, this is my first post of this kind, so I do not know if it is the appropriate place, search to see if this was possible and I found nothing related, so if that is possible, sorry for the useless post, and if possible explain to me how it works, it would be of great help! and if the post is in an inappropriate place, some mod feel the urge to move or delete if necessary, thanks for the attention!

2. YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ Forum Staff Moderator

For immediate workaround, I once made an extension that lets you output info to a simple server application over TCP. This can be tweaked to support multiple log windows, if desired, or making a custom server with log filters

RoyalGuardians likes this.
  3. RoyalGuardians

RoyalGuardians Member

Thanks, this will help a lot, but I still hope that one day they will implement this in gms2 itself, and thank you very much for showing me this

4. jackquake

jackquake Member

While probably not a priority on the dev list, this would be quite a convenient feature.