• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Feature request: do not search in comments

Y

Yury

Subj. Need "search only in code" option

When i need to find something in code, search results populated with comments too, and i have to browse unwanted pieces of code to do refactoring.

Pls save my time from this. Thanks.

gnysek

Yeah, this one is missing from GMS 1.x. I was hoping they gonna bring it back soon, but was wrong.

Reactions: Yal

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Seconded. Refactoring is bad enough as it is without false positives.

Also, don't forget to fix the bug where search-replace finding several matches on the same line corrupts the text if the length of the line changes when the first appearance is replaced.

gnysek

Also, don't forget to fix the bug where search-replace finding several matches on the same line corrupts the text if the length of the line changes when the first appearance is replaced.
This one seems to be fixed in mantis. It cached position of words before replace (probably to being faster) and then used it during replace, not taking into account length change :D I wonder how it would break if replace is multiline (if it's even possible...).

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I've never actually needed to search-replace multiline text, but it's an interesting thing to think about. (I'm kinda into DRY so if I realize I repeat the same exact lines twice somewhere nowadays, I instantly refactor it into a script)