• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Feature Request: CTRL+M/U Hotkey to Fold/Unfold Asset Groups in Asset Browser

Hey, simple hotkey feature request self-explanatory in the title:

When in the Asset Browser of the General IDE,
CTRL+M
folds / collapses all asset folders (asset groups)
CTRL+U unfolds / expands all asset folders (asset groups)

These hotkeys already exist for folding / unfolding all code regions in the Code / Script Editor.
I would just love it if these same hotkeys worked for the asset folders.

Fold Unfold Hotkeys in Manual.png

https://manual.yoyogames.com/IDE_Navigation/Keyboard_Shortcuts.htm

I frequently need to expand all or most asset folders when re-opening a project, and frequently press Control & U by instinct before realizing yet again that that doesn't work and I need to manually click every folder to re-open it. These dumb little hotkeys would be a huge quality of life improvement for me, and hopefully others.

Asset Browers Folders.png

Attentive viewers might notice that there's a third code folding-related hotkey in the manual screenshot above: CTRL+Enter toggles a code fold region between folded / unfolded states.
This actually already exists for the Asset Browser! CTRL+Enter does in fact toggle folded / unfolded for an asset group... as just plain Enter toggles its folded state.
This is nice and no changes would be beneficial there.

I assume this hotkey addition should be rather straightforward / easy, however of course not working at YoYo Games myself I could be wrong and this conflicts with something else internally somehow.

I'm submitting this hotkey suggestion to https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us#feature
But I'm also posting here in case somehow an equivalent hotkey already exists that I'm unaware of, or anyone has some feedback, suggestions, or thoughts of their own on the topic.

Thanks!