Opinion Favourite programming font?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mick, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Mick

Mick Member

What is your font of choice for programming? I have had a few favourites (Consolas, Source Code Pro) but for quite a while now I have been using the beautiful Inconsolata. What is your favourite?

2. Druid TC

Druid TC Yellow Dog

I use Wingdings.
    [​IMG]
    In all seriousness, I use Consolas simply because it's the default font of GMS2 and I'm used to it, but I went through a phase of using Lucida Console in my TeX editor when producing academic documents. Of course the documents themselves were (and still are) faced in Computer Modern.

3. CardinalCoder64

CardinalCoder64 Member

Courier New isn't a bad programming font. I don't have a problem with Consolas either, just wanted something else to look at I guess.

Misty likes this.
  4. JackTurbo

JackTurbo Member

Anything that has good legibility at small sizes and is monospaced will work.

I would really stress that using monospaced fonts (typefaces where ever letter is the same width) is imho essential. I find it really helps with formatting and spotting mistakes etc

Menik likes this.
  5. Menik

Menik Member

Personally prefer Lucida Console myself at a small size(10pt). I've just used it a lot, never really played around with others but maybe this is a good resource thread to give others a try. I do like neat-structured fonts so:

100% agree with this. If there's other monospaced fonts out there I'd love to try them.

6. Misty

Misty Member

I use Courier New and my programs have like, zero bugs.
    The colors I use are here: http://www.filedropper.com/colorsofcode

Coding is hard bargain. You dont want to use fonts that look too soft. It is a solid endeavour of hard metal and steel.

Bearman_18 likes this.