Fatty Rabbit Hole is a game that I'm working on - where you play as a rabbit, falling down an endless hole, eating as much junk food as you can.
DEMO: You can play the game in HTML5 form here: fattyrabbithole.com It's not the full version of the game, but it's playable from start to finish, and has most of what the final version of the game will have.
GREENLIGHT: If you like the game, I'd appreciate your support on Steam Greenlight, which you'll find here!
The game started off as kind of a joke, but grew into something much more as I worked on it. I started working on it in my spare time, back in March, and have been slowly adding to it in my spare time. It's been a good excuse for me to get back into game development with GameMaker, and also to learn how to use Spine for the animation and practice drawing on my Surface Book. Pretty much everything in the game is hand-drawn!
Here are a few screenshots:
Here are the current features (not all are available in the HTML5 version):
- 12 unique rounds that play out in a random order very time
- 4 unique mini games to play at halftime of each round
- Entirely hand-drawn art
- A variety of classic sound effects and music to enhance the cartoon experience
- Some "boss" rounds, which happen every 5 rounds, and will be more complex and have more dangers
- More halftime games (there's a new one already in the newest build of the game)
- Support for different aspect ratios
- Mobile support, for tablets (the HTML5 version can be played with mouse/touch, but I've implemented a much better version in the newest build).
The game was based on a bunch of jokes from one of my favorite podcasts, Matt & Mattingly's Ice Cream Social, which you can listen to at heyscoops.com, but you don't need to be familiar with the show to enjoy the game. The hosts have officially endorsed the game, which is exciting and cool.