Fat Ninja: WIP Thread

R

r7465

Fat Ninja is a platformer 2D game with many features that make it more expansive than the typical platformer, as it has inverted views, RPG features and is far more detailed than your typical old-school platformer, and for a start has a invert view feature (press down, right & left). The player has many skills to use which give a strategic end to every level, and with double jumping which needs to be mastered by the player. Overall, it is the best of all genres put together in a 2D platformer.

gamefatninja155.png

Background

The game's level design & graphics are mean to be aesthetically pleasant. There are too many details in level design (such as layers that cover up the players) or level decoratives!

The detail in the game was built to an impressive level. We hope that you get to enjoy playing the game! We worked hard on the beta. It is one level & 7 rooms right now, but our main ambition is going to around 60 levels.

buiddd.png

Features (So far...)
  • 5+ weapons, 35+ pieces of clothing (and this is still in a very early beta form)
  • Ability to get haircuts & costumes
  • Finance system
  • Ability to invert views
  • Player Inventory
payyouniinmoney.png
Controls
  • Arrow Keys (Movement)
  • Z, X, C, V (Skill Moves)
  • Enter (Toggle Fullscreen)
  • Space (Shoot)
fatninjaspragain.png
Social Media

Twitter tweet/account: bit.ly/2CTTk3l (Please retweet, I'm trying to spread it!)
Youtube video: bit.ly/2InH9wD
Download link: bit.ly/2Mv0hY1 (September 2018, it barely has any features)

All feedback & suggestions are appreciated, I'm trying to spread the game!​

Last edited by a moderator:

pixeltroid

Based on the video...

- That's one HUGE health bar! o_O Its really distracting.
- your pixel work is rather off. Pixel sizes are different for every thing -- player, ground, enemy, health bar. It looks like youve scaled up the graphic you made for the ground.
fn.jpg
- Why is it that the trees in the background are so detailed with shading but the enemy, his car and the ground look so flat and devoid of detail?

I havent played your game though. So Im not commenting on gameplay. But see if you can revise the graphics a little bit. :)

Last edited:
R

r7465

Based on the video...

- That's one HUGE health bar! o_O Its really distracting.
- your pixel work is rather off. Pixel sizes are different for every thing -- player, ground, enemy, health bar. It looks like youve scaled up the graphic you made for the ground.
View attachment 24153
- Why is it that the trees in the background are so detailed with shading but the enemy, his car and the ground look so flat and devoid of detail?

I havent played your game though. So Im not commenting on gameplay. But see if you can revise the graphics a little bit. :)
Yeah I do agree with you for the most part! The health bar has been changed to a square one, and the pixel sizes, I am aware they are off shape, I do plan to fix them later, I still haven't. I do see the flaw here.

The current game doesn't have most of the features I finished. I want to show everyone the current game as it is of April 2019, but I need a way to compile all stages at once.

EDIT: I replaced the link! hopefully this should change things. It leads to a December 2018 video. That version I was very complacent with it but I am pretty sure the upgrade is visible.

Last edited by a moderator: