My entry for the Brackey gamejam 2021.2
Play in browser
Nurture a swarm of locusts to desolate a farm.
Mother Nature is unhappy with the way we are treating the planet and has decided to strike back! Not only has a snowstorm hit in the middle of summer, rapidly multiplying locusts are attacking the food supply. The fate of humanity is in your hands.
- Use mouse to guide swarm
- Anything yellow is edible
- Eat to reproduce
- Watch out for chickens
How to win:
- Eat all the food! But if all locusts die, it’s game over.
- Hold mouse down to jump even when swarm is close to the mouse
- Health of each individual locust is indicated by its jump height
- When a locust eats, its health is restored to full.
- When an individual food is fully eaten (e.g. 1x tree), a new locust will spawn.
- Each jump reduces health slightly.
- Chickens love to eat bugs, and farmers will protect their cost with their life
- Move mouse in circle to create larger swarm area.
- Once a locust starts eating, it will not leave until it has finished the food. Plan carefully