Windows Farm simulator

Mana

Yoo
Saturday update.
Well this one is really simple.
All I did this week was training the tree sprite when I got some time avaiable.
I assume I procastinated at the beginning of the week XD But I did't have much time since hm.. Wednesday.
I can't post images since I can't use the computer (I'm using the smarthphone).
Now i have a lot of work to do tomorrow until I can use him again.

That's it
See ya next saturday !
Hello!
Saturday Update here.

This week I'm implementing the item drop.
When the player removes an item from the inventory it will drop on the ground instead of simply disappear, but I'm struggling with them dropping at a free position on the map, it's just getting wrong and I don' know why hehe.
With this item drop system, it's easy to collect items from the ground too, like tools, seed bags etc..
Also, the problem with the subpixel, as I saw in this post , should be supersampling so I'll stop worrying about it for now.

-I'm practing the tree! but it will take some time until it's acceptable =x

About implementing the new crops I'm rearranging the code so things will be more optimized.
for example:
When the player selected the turnip bag from the inventory a little seed bag appears above his head, and it should be destroyed when the seed bag is no longer selected, so to destroy it the code was just "if (objPlayer.currentItem!=turnipSeed) instance_destroy();" but if the game has 30 crops, I would need 30 checks? (per frame!). So I changed it to check if the player selected a different item since the bag was created, if the answer is yes than destroy the bag! I don't need those 30 checks anymore.
This was just one example but these optimizations need to be done in several parts of the code, so it will took some time.
My solution may not even be a good one but I see myself as a beginner programmer XD
not fancy this week but that's it, see ya next update!

Notes:
-I didn't implement the new room yet.
Hi!
Here goes another Saturday update. o/

I've changed the player's room.

OLD / NEW
The bed table isn't finished and I don't know what to do with the bookcase for now.
But the room still lacks something.. more detail? I dunno.
Some things like a fireplace, a window and a carpet should be cool too.
I was trying to do a soft and warm color so I was using some kind of soft red.
The result : everything was pink. XD

Just one of the things that happens while I'm trying to do pastel colors.
I have 0 artistic formation so anything related to art is complicated to me @.@
But learn it is fun

I used the place_free function at the player's movement code, so he "responds" better while colliding with something. But that is as far as I could go towards improving the movement.
I was using the "Buttery smooth tech tips: movements" tutorial from yoyogames's blog:
https://www.yoyogames.com/blog/432/buttery-smooth-tech-tips-movement
the character is kind of "slick and slippery" but I couldn't solve the problem of the player moving faster in the diagonals or tie the movement to time instead of framerate, because if I do that the player ends up moving fractions of pixels.

My default movement speed is 1 pixel per frame, but if I use some of those codes the player will move something like 0.85 or 1.15 pixels. Now I have the "subpixel movement" problem =x
He walking kind of looks like he is lagging =/
Maybe I can solve it using supersampling? dunno..

weeel that's it
thks for reading it
See ya next saturday!

ps: I should get a drawing tablet as a gift this week, maybe I'll draw faster or something like it? dunno, but I'm anxious o.o

ps2: while editing the first post I noticed that I can't have more than 10 images in a single post, so... I always wanted to create a blog or something to post the update here and there, but I'll have to create one this week so I can maintain the olds updates =3
Yoo o/
Welcome to a new Saturday update!

New house model !

The old, the new at the beginning of the week (washed out=x ), and the new version.

Also, new crops! (almost)

Beet, potato, carrot and the new turnip.
Beets aren't supposed to be this color but it's still.. under development @.@
(Also there are two seeds bags of each type because I'm still choosing the size..)

and I've made the inventory be capable of swapping the item's slot(and reduced the slots size)

But there is a bug within the auto arrange feature, meh

I have no clue about how to apply texture and anti-aliasing..
But these are things I'll get someday (=

I don't know if I said it before but I'm always expecting to change everything as my pixel art/code skill improve. So probably none of the graphics up until now will stay in the final version...(lol) So even the new house will be changed (again) when I learn how to convey texture (and again when I learn how to convey texture better XD).

and for the future! :
I will implement the new crops, change the house's interior and fix the inventory's bugs.
Change the holes created by the hoe, since I think automap like GMS automatic tiles feature would be cool (confusing? probably, but you'll see it soon =p) so the holes won't look like a grid.
I'll make a sell/buy feature so buying seeds and selling crops can be some fun.
Change the character and its animation (mostly the run animation, those "stand still" frames could be used to make the movement more fluid), and the movement's code.
Then I may add the trees!
So everything will look nicer, there is too much empty space now.

That's it!
To me, It's fun to look back and see that the game is improving what it already has and that I'm adding new features over time.
It's a developer diary where I can see the progress. It helps me get motivated =)
And thank you so much for your time here and comments, rly.
I'm really happy to see that there are people interacting with what I'm creating.

Also tuesday is my birthday! (26yrs) So wish me chocolates =o

(I want to be more productive @.@, anyone here struggling to be more productive too??)

and that's it!
Thank you for reading it and see you next Saturday
Hi
Saturday update!

This week all I did was the implementation of the inventory

The problem was the bugs that happen with the previous code
And the removal of the previous clunky inventory system.
Everything was bugged...
If I selected the item in the inventory screen the character performed an action (since LMB was pressed).
The player running animation started when the inventory windows was up.
The tools animations weren't working properly
etc etc
But everything is fine now and I fixed a previous bug too

Now with the inventory:
The player can select items via inventory window or hotkey.
Remove item via mouse right button (just erase, don't drop it yet).
Use an auto arrange feature to eliminate empty space between items.
Remove items if the amount of item =0 while used.

I solved the collision problem when he tried to break the stone.
But the player still collides with the stone while the break animation is running.
I'll solve it once I stop using the default collision system for the player's movement.

Implemented a zoom in/out feature.(It'll help me define the best resolution)

That small "gag" when zooming in probably is because of the horizontal/vertical border distance, used to know when the camera should follows the player. I used them to create a small dead zone near the center of the screen (well.. that's their use after all =p).
Is it fine if the icon's increase too? dunno @.@

I still want to add:
-be able to drag and drop items between slots.
-drop items (create the instance)in the ground.
-draw more than one line of slots in the inventory window.
So the inventory will be rly cool =)

ps: it's.. bad etiquette or something when I post the videos/posts I thought were most useful? I do it because since everyone here is developing something I think it can be really useful to them too. @.@
And I rly don't want to pass the impression I'm a sneaky dude trying to promote other dudes.
Yoo o/
Saturday Update

I had a busy week so I couldn't develop much =/
But I did something.
This week I was working in the inventory system. I watched the youtube videos from Shaun Spalding and tried to understand the code, and now I'm adding my own things.
I'm working in a way to arrange the inventory so the player won't have empty spaces between items, and stack the items (I just found that there is a video on youtube about it lol).
So that is it, just code.

It was just a small thing, but I will always update something at Saturday =) ( I won't only if I change the update's day or something happens like dead pc or internet).
With an inventory things start to get better since I can add a buy/sell feature.

See ya
Hello.
Welcome to a new Saturday Update!

-During this week I've practiced the transition between soil and grass. I've changed it for now and add some small chunks of leaves.
-Redraw the provisory watering can sprite
-Since it was too much of a noisance to figure out which tool I was holding I've added a display at the bottom right corner to show the current item. But it's bouncing a little when the player moves.
-Changed the collision code a little. I'm using "collision_point()" instead of "place_meeting()" to take the instance id I need to interact when doing things like destroying rocks or watering the holes. The player's collision mask was making the detection area too big so for example on screen the player didn't look like he hit the rock but it would break anyway. Not just because of the aesthetics but the gameplay was a like clunky because of that, now it's better. But now it's not detecting when he is too close verticaly to the rock =x It should be easy to solve (the rock should be bigger anyway XD).
-I've tried a water animation but it's bugged for now.

My code is a mess, too many arguments inside objPlayer. But I'm starting to organize it (just a little hehe).

Thaats it for today
See ya next Saturday
Yoo
Saturday update here o/

-I've changed the shadows color to purple since black makes it looks like washed (thanks pixel art tutorials).
-Some character sprite changes. Legs are closer and the shoe is just a little bigger.
-Add just some small flower decoration to see how it looks like (I don't know if I like it though).
-The player now holds the seed bag but it's a little bugged (mainly in vertical directions).
-Now the player can take the crop! and it increases an inventory variable so it's the veeery beginning of an inventory system.
-Add breakable stone and pickaxe (4 directions sprites, not like some watering animations @.@).
-Add a rough day cycle. Now the hour pass and when it reaches 5:00 automatically starts a new day. No lightning changes, house respawn or whatever just the crop growing if wet and redry the holes.
-The player can start a new day if he interacts with the bed (or press the" T" key anywhere ha).

That's it for today
See ya next Saturday =D

sp: I'll search some better way to create the gifs '-'
Helloo
Welcome to the first Saturday update =D

-So far I've changed the grass and soil pallet to look lighter
-I've changed the "hole" sprite too (where you put the seed), added a small shadow around the house so it fits better in the environment
-I've used the player-watering-sprite and watering-can-sprite that I created last week (didn't add it before because the the watering system was buggy, it took me more than 5 hours playing with the code to figure out what was wrong .-. show_debug_message is my friend now)

-So, now the player can water the seed and it grows (only if it was wet) as the days go by (a.k.a. keyboard "T" key lol).

But so far the player can't actually take the crop, I've just changed the sprite (sub-image actually) and added the check conditions.
And the player can just use the watering can while looking at the left ("haha u lazy dev :3")
I'm also working in a new grass-soil transition, but it's a mess right now =x
The player still can dig a hole anywhere (except inside the house).

That's it for today
I have many things noted for next Saturday

See you guys there ^^

ps: I plan to use the "spoil" to make something like an archiver for the olds updates, is there a problem with the forum rules if I do that?
Hi ^^
I started the development of my first game 2 months ago but it evolved slow paced due to some problems and procastination =x

It'll be a farm simulator like harvest moon and stardew valley, since I really love the genre.
But it doesn't even have a name yet!

I'm here to start some kind of developer update weekly (every saturday).
Since the compromise with the developer update will help me focus and interact with the community looks like really fun (=

Now I'm learning everything like pixelart, code an game design
(Don't worry my english will improve too XD).

I've created some sprites, animations and some house furniture, although the character can't interact with it yet.
The player can dig holes in grid arrange in the soil and place the seed at them, but he can dig holes in the grass too (I'll fix it soon).
"Need to replace this gif"

I'll post an update this saturday.

See ya o/

Last edited:

HighlandCoo

It actually looks really great. Can I make a couple of suggestions?
- It literally looks like a clone of stardew, if thats what you are going for then great. But if not I suggest making some changes to make it stand out.
- Similarly, I always wondered if anyone made a game about farming magic plants like harry potter style. Plants that grow legs and run around, plants that burst into flame, plants that turn into stone when exposed to moonlight.. etc etc lol sorry thats my own ideas. I think there is just no room for another game about farming corn so its worth mixing it up a bit.

Mana

Looks like a good start :)
It actually looks really great. Can I make a couple of suggestions?
Thanks ^^

- It literally looks like a clone of stardew, if thats what you are going for then great. But if not I suggest making some changes to make it stand out.
A big worry I have right now is make the game not look like a stardew's clone but for now I can't (The amount of trouble I had just to make the wood floor :x)

- Similarly, I always wondered if anyone made a game about farming magic plants like harry potter style. Plants that grow legs and run around, plants that burst into flame, plants that turn into stone when exposed to moonlight.. etc etc lol sorry thats my own ideas. I think there is just no room for another game about farming corn so its worth mixing it up a bit.

Yeah I thought about a magic world with strange crops used for potions; and magic creatures likes driades, naiads etc.. but since it would be too awesome I'm worry about the project's scope.
A great lesson I'm learning with the youtube channel "extra credits" and the story behind the 10 year of development of owlboy is to keep the scope of the project small or I'll have a serious risk of either never finish the game or have a poor quality one.(not the case of owlboy, it looks great in my opinion).
But I really want to add some magic/mystial stuff o/

Feedback and suggestions are dearly received, rly
Unfortunately I can't promise to add/change everything but I'lI.. look at them seriously (I can't think in a better expression right now XD)

Last edited:

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
As a fellow farming game dev, what you have here looks promising!
I like the art, and can't wait to see how it develops going forward!

Mana

As a fellow farming game dev, what you have here looks promising!
I like the art, and can't wait to see how it develops going forward!
Thanks a lot ^^

Homestead looks really nice.
I really like your art, I'm aiming for something like it. Cleaner and with soft colors.

K

KendallSwitch

A game called Dark soil, kinda like what you thought.
Sorry I cant post link yet.

WarpDogsVG

Like Lukan said I'm a fellow life sim dev (though mine skews more Animal Crossing than Harvest Moon) and I totally love your start. Keep it up

Arashi

I would sertanly like to play something similar to harvest moon and star dew. Cause I finished thouse games and they do not have much replayability.

Mana

Helloo
Saturday developer update (07/21) is out

And thanks for the kind comments and feedback =D

C

chaserchim

This looks pretty good, great job. Dont get stuck with the scope of it though, everyone always talks about that.

Mana

New update!

Looks great, I get a Stardew Valley feel from this :D
Thanks =D

This looks pretty good, great job. Dont get stuck with the scope of it though, everyone always talks about that.
Thanks for the advice, I'm trying not to do the impossible but I don't want to let the scope thing be to much of a nuisance (=
Although you're right, I'm always thinking about it XD

You should link to or post the update
Thx!
Hm, how/where?

Stardew looked like a literal clone of Harvest Moon, and nobody cared about that, though.
That's true.
I think SV is like a tribute, especially since people were needy about a good farm game.
And Stardew add some cool features too (I've just played the ps1 HM back to nature so I don't know if there is something in SV from the others HM =x).

Mana

I mean, when you say "new update" where exactly are you posting them?
Oh, I just edit the first post and move the "old update" to a spoiler so it's easy to keep track of the progress.
And make a new reply saying "New update!" or something like it so people can know I've changed something.

Mana

Yoo o/
New update (eddited in the first post too).
Hello.
Welcome to a new Saturday Update!

-During this week I practiced the transition between soil and grass. I've changed it for now and add some small chunks of leaves.
-Redraw the provisory watering can sprite
-Since it was too much of a noisance to figure out which tool I was holding I've added a display at the bottom right corner to show the current item. But it's bouncing a little when the player moves.
-Changed the collision code a little. I'm using "collision_point()" instead of "place_meeting()" to take the instance id I need to interact when doing things like destroying rocks or watering the holes. The player's collision mask was making the detection area too big so for example on screen the player didn't look like he hit the rock but it would break anyway. Not just because of the aesthetics but the gameplay was a like clunky because of that, now it's better. But now it's not detecting when he is too close verticaly to the rock =x It should be easy to solve (the rock should be bigger anyway XD).
-I've tried a water animation but it's bugged for now.

My code is a mess, too many arguments inside objPlayer. But I'm starting to organize it (just a little hehe).

Thaats it for today
See ya next Saturday

Last edited:

Mana

Yoo o/
Saturday Update. (I edited it the first post too)
I had a busy week so I couldn't develop much =/
But I did something.
This week I was working in the inventory system. I watched the youtube videos from Shaun Spalding and tried to understand the code and do it in a different way, and now I'm adding my own things.
I'm working in a way to arrange the inventory so the player won't have empty spaces between items, and stack the items (I just found that there is a video on youtube about it lol).
So that is it, just code.

It was just a small thing, but I will always update something at Saturday ( I won't only if I change the update's day or something happens like dead pc or internet).
With an inventory things start to get better since I can add a buy/sell feature. =)

See ya

Mana

New update!

Hi
Saturday update!

This week all I did was the implementation of the inventory

The problem was the bugs that happen with the previous code
And the removal of the previous clunky inventory system.
Everything was bugged...
If I selected the item in the inventory screen the character performed an action (since LMB was pressed).
The player running animation started when the inventory windows was up.
The tools animations weren't working properly
etc etc
But everything is fine now and I fixed a previous bug too

Now with the inventory:
The player can select items via inventory window or hotkey.
Remove item via mouse right button (just erase, don't drop it yet).
Use an auto arrange feature to eliminate empty space between items.
Remove items if the amount of item =0 while used.

I solved the collision problem when he tried to break the stone.
But the player still collides with the stone while the break animation is running.
I'll solve it once I stop using the default collision system for the player's movement.

Implemented a zoom in/out feature.(It'll help me define the best resolution)

That small "gag" when zooming in probably is because of the horizontal/vertical border distance, used to know when the camera should follows the player. I used them to create a small dead zone near the center of the screen (well.. that's their use after all =p).
Is it fine if the icon's increase too? dunno @.@

I still want to add:
-be able to drag and drop items between slots.
-drop items (create the instance)in the ground.
-draw more than one line of slots in the inventory window.
So the inventory will be rly cool =)

Although he used a matrix/grid and I just used an array for now @.@
ps:if you're interested it's good to watch the previous video about grid to fully understand.

ps: it's.. bad etiquette or something when I post the videos/posts I thought were most useful? I do it because since everyone here is developing something I think it can be really useful to them too. @.@
And I rly don't want to pass the impression I'm a sneaky dude trying to promote other dudes.

WarpDogsVG

Yeah, it's a delicate balance between pastel and washed out, but from what we've seen it looks good. The real tricky parts will be interiors and the like

Mana

Yoo o/
Welcome to a new Saturday update!
(edited in the first post too!)

New house model !

The old, the new at the beginning of the week (washed out=x ), and the new version.

Also, new crops! (almost)

Beet, potato, carrot and the new turnip.
Beets aren't supposed to be this color but it's still.. under development @.@
(Also there are two seeds bags of each type because I'm still choosing the size..)

and I've made the inventory be capable of swapping the item's slot(and reduced the slots size)

But there is a bug within the auto arrange feature, meh

I have no clue about how to apply texture and anti-aliasing..
But these are things I'll get someday (=

I don't know if I said it before but I'm always expecting to change everything as my pixel art/code skill improve. So probably none of the graphics up until now will stay in the final version...(lol) So even the new house will be changed (again) when I learn how to convey texture (and again when I learn how to convey texture better XD).

and for the future! :
I will implement the new crops, change the house's interior and fix the inventory's bugs.
Change the holes created by the hoe, since I think automap like GMS automatic tiles feature would be cool (confusing? probably, but you'll see it soon =p) so the holes won't look like a grid.
I'll make a sell/buy feature so buying seeds and selling crops can be some fun.
Change the character and its animation (mostly the run animation, those "stand still" frames could be used to make the movement more fluid), and the movement's code.
Then I may add the trees!
So everything will look nicer, there is too much empty space now.

That's it!
To me, It's fun to look back and see that the game is improving what it already has and that I'm adding new features over time.
It's a developer diary where I can see the progress. It helps me get motivated =)
And thank you so much for your time here and comments, rly.
I'm really happy to see that there are people interacting with what I'm creating.

Also tuesday is my birthday! (26yrs) So wish me chocolates =o

(I want to be more productive @.@, anyone here struggling to be more productive too??)

and that's it!
Thank you for reading it and see you next Saturday (=

W

William E.

That looks nice, has that wonderful Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley vibe to it :)

Mana

Hi!
Here goes another Saturday update. o/
I've changed the player's room.

OLD / NEW
The bed table isn't finished and I don't know what to do with the bookcase for now.
But the room still lacks something.. more detail? I dunno.
Some things like a fireplace, a window and a carpet should be cool too.
I was trying to do a soft and warm color so I was using some kind of soft red.
The result : everything was pink. XD

Just one of the things that happens while I'm trying to do pastel colors.
I have 0 artistic formation so anything related to art is complicated to me @.@
But learn it is fun

I used the place_free function at the player's movement code, so he "responds" better while colliding with something. But that is as far as I could go towards improving the movement.
I was using the "Buttery smooth tech tips: movements" tutorial from yoyogames's blog:
https://www.yoyogames.com/blog/432/buttery-smooth-tech-tips-movement
the character is kind of "slick and slippery" but I couldn't solve the problem of the player moving faster in the diagonals or tie the movement to time instead of framerate, because if I do that the player ends up moving fractions of pixels.

My default movement speed is 1 pixel per frame, but if I use some of those codes the player will move something like 0.85 or 1.15 pixels. Now I have the "subpixel movement" problem =x
He walking kind of looks like he is lagging =/
Maybe I can solve it using supersampling? dunno..

weeel that's it
thks for reading it
See ya next saturday!

ps: I should get a drawing tablet as a gift this week, maybe I'll draw faster or something like it? dunno, but I'm anxious o.o

ps2: while editing the first post I noticed that I can't have more than 10 images in a single post, so... I always wanted to create a blog or something to post the update here and there, but I'll have to create one this week so I can maintain the olds updates =3

Last edited:

Mana

Hello!
Saturday Update here.
This week I'm implementing the item drop.
When the player removes an item from the inventory it will drop on the ground instead of simply disappear, but I'm struggling with them dropping at a free position on the map, it's just getting wrong and I don' know why hehe.
With this item drop system, it's easy to collect items from the ground too, like tools, seed bags etc..
Also, the problem with the subpixel, as I saw in this post , should be supersampling so I'll stop worrying about it for now.

-I'm practing the tree! but it will take some time until it's acceptable =x

About implementing the new crops I'm rearranging the code so things will be more optimized.
for example:
When the player selected the turnip bag from the inventory a little seed bag appears above his head, and it should be destroyed when the seed bag is no longer selected, so to destroy it the code was just "if (objPlayer.currentItem!=turnipSeed) instance_destroy();" but if the game has 30 crops, I would need 30 checks? (per frame!). So I changed it to check if the player selected a different item since the bag was created, if the answer is yes than destroy the bag! I don't need those 30 checks anymore.
This was just one example but these optimizations need to be done in several parts of the code, so it will took some time.
My solution may not even be a good one but I see myself as a beginner programmer XD
not fancy this week but that's it, see ya next update!

Notes:
-I didn't implement the new room yet.

Mana

Yoo
Saturday update.
(Edited in the first post too..)
Well this one is really simple.
All I did this week was training the tree sprite when I got some time avaiable.
I assume I procastinated at the beginning of the week XD But I did't have much time since hm.. Wednesday.
I can't post images since I can't use the computer (I'm using the smarthphone).
Now i have a lot of work to do tomorrow until I can use him again.

That's it
See ya next saturday !

Last edited:

Mana

yoo
Welcome to another Saturday update!
(I didn't edited in the first post =x)
Tough week
My house "reform" finally affected my room so I couldn't use it for a while and I needed to solve some problems during the whole week so I work a little and only today.
Also because of these problems I'm feeling rly demotivated =/
But I'll regain my spirit!!

Today I implemented the new room tiles and objects.
So ingame it looks like this

And I'll share the tree practice from last week.

I was trying some tutorials.
The first two was supposed to be a tree with its small leaves, and the last two I was trying with the shapes.

Then right after I tried a improvise

The trunks need some love, I'll try to improve them this week and practice more trees shapes.

So I'm sorry this past 2 weeks, especially this last one, were terrible. And I'm without my glasses up until 05/10(dd/mm) so my eyes are always tired/fatigued.
But I'll try to improve this week =3

Also I rly need to create a name for this game @.@

well that's it
see ya next saturday!

Mana

Yoo
Saturday update here.
This week I continued scratching some trees.

I'm trying to do trees with a smaller and more "vertical" foliage but the results aren't good. I tried a new leaf type to make the round shape more smooth but it didn't work(the colors of the previous trees are better too).
I also scratched some tree that doesn't have the leaves so evident but it's rly just a rough scratch so I can see if I have any idea about lightning (I don't, ha!).
And I tried to come back yesterday to do the new crops' code but I just could read for a short time before my eyes got rly fatigued @.@ (I'm missing my glasses =x).

Little by little I'm regaining my rhythm =)

That's it see ya next saturday =p

Mana

Hey sorry but I'll have to postpone this update =x
(I was just learning a bit more about code, and some drafts).

Mana

Yoo.
Saturday update!
I was almost away from the project this past month but I'm working into it again.
I've done code related to implanting more than one crop (I only had the turnip crop with hardcode values), researching about it a little to see a good approach and solving bugs in the process.
But I did not spend much time on it I must confess..
The bad thing about being away for more than a week is that I start to forget how my own code works and the details about pixel art XD
So I'll try to do a little of both in the same day.

I spend the whole week thinking about the game's name but I'm still unsure.
Maybe"Revi" or "Nova".
("why not both?" lol)
I'm the kind of people who recreate the character ten times until I'm fine with it =x
So that's it.
See ya next week.

Mana

Hello.
Saturday update.
Finally fixed the bugs related to the crops system, now it should be easy to add new crops.
Did some pixels :p

For this week I'll try something a little different, instead of trying to do a pixel art I'm happy with I'll try to treat the game like a prototype so I don't spend to much time thinking about pixel art.
I've seen some games (one man studio or more dudes studio) that were very good even though they don't spend too much time in the art but focused more in other areas like storytelling or gameplay.
So why the cabbage am I spending to much time focused on the art of my first game even though I have zero artistic formation? (art is hard to me =x).
I feel like this is the right way.

So that's it!
Thanks for reading and see ya next saturday!

Mana

Hey.
I'll halt the weekly updates for a while.
I had some purposes in mind when I created this thread but since the original purpose of the update isn't been fulfilled I'll halt it.. and I need to make the game creation process enjoyable again.
The "pressure" of having a weekly update isn't helping either.
I need to organize my thoughts, come up with some routine and relearn somethings.
I don't pretend to halt the project itself but I'll only commit to a scheduled basis when I feel secure that I can keep it.
That doesn't mean I won't update here from time to time =p

That's it.
Hope to see ya soon ^^