• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Failed to load images

Bee

I've seen others with this issue but nothing mentioned has fixed my issue.

I'm working on a project and storing it in github so that I can use both my PC and laptop. Awhile back my laptop developed this issue where it had a whole bunch of these errors:

Failed to load image [path]\sprites\spr_titlescreen_opening_overlay\61d98c64-9901-4bc5-a824-d85e03645c7e.png
and
could not open file [path]\sprites\spr_titlescreen_opening_overlay\e495be28-9c6a-4fcb-ba8e-335bb27bd456.png, using blank 16x16 replacement

It was still working on my PC so I wasn't too worried. Then it happened on my PC all of a sudden today! Like the same images too. It was working for most of the day, then it wasn't.

I've tried deleting cache and temp folders from the IDE, reinstalling, and nothing is working. There are hundreds of images that are failing to load.

Anyone with any solutions that don't entail slowly going through them one by one from git, or to prevent this in the future?