• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Failed to load all projects

Pfap

Hello, I am going to get around to filing a bug; however, currently I am really confused on what to file. Lately I have been having an issue where my cursor will be locked as the window resize cursor the one with 2 arrows in vertical orientation. Not the biggest deal, but it bothers me. So, when it happens I save and close the ide and reopen which is what I did this time. All normal, except this time when I go to open my project I get an error failed to load base project. Things I tried:

Sign out and sign back in.

Restart computer.

Run a google search.

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/gm-s2-project-cannot-be-loaded.12651/

The above didn't really help me, might just be I don't understand it.

Then I tried to open older projects that have worked previously nothing was changed etc...

I can't open any projects.

And I don't know what to file this "bug" as or even if it is a bug or what!?!?!?!

Also, is there a way to include images without linking to them?

I was going to include an image of the error that pops up, but here it is verbatim.

Project load failed. Unable to load
/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp

Please help

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hi there! Yes, please file a bug, and include the UI.log file (which can be found in the GameMakerStudio2 %programdata% folder) and if you could also include a link to the project that initially gave you the issue that would be great. Once you've filed the bug, you should probably try uninstalling GMS2 and then getting it from the web and re-installing it fresh to see if that resolves everything.

Pfap

Hi there! Yes, please file a bug, and include the UI.log file (which can be found in the GameMakerStudio2 %programdata% folder) and if you could also include a link to the project that initially gave you the issue that would be great. Once you've filed the bug, you should probably try uninstalling GMS2 and then getting it from the web and re-installing it fresh to see if that resolves everything.
Ok, I got the bug report submitted. Unfortunately, a full uninstall and re-download didn't resolve my issues. I hope it's something stupid simple I'm just overlooking.
Thanks

Edit:

I just tried to create a new project and it said:

The project '${base_project}' does not exist and cannot
be opened.

I'm really curious about what that means if it's not proprietary?

Edit:

Just changed my runtime to 2.1.3.189 and I was able to open my project.... still no clue, but at least I can continue. I had been using 2.1.4 for the past few weeks just fine though.

Last edited:

zbox

GMC Elder
Just had this problem too and going back a runner version fixed it. My runner versions weren't the same as OP's though

EDIT: Switched back and now it's not... who knows what's going on here

Last edited:

TibiSoft

Just had this problem too and going back a runner version fixed it. My runner versions weren't the same as OP's though

EDIT: Switched back and now it's not... who knows what's going on here
I had a same problem, but it seems because both GMS 2.2.x and GMS 2.3 is installed and running on my computer (one normal and one via Steam). However 2.3 overwrites some statuses, so I had to switch back a runner version on GMS 2.2.x.
Thank you very much for the hint!