Android Failed to load ad: 3

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Hampej, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Hampej

Hampej Member

Hey! When compiling my app i'm getting:
    : Not retrying to fetch app settings
    : No fill from ad server.
    : Failed to load ad: 3

I am using a test device, but its not working with any other devices ether.
    Test ads IDs works fine. Both intersitial and banner.
    I have not gotten any email from admob regarding bans.
    I made the ad mob app about 3 years ago and i made the banner and intersitial ad 4 weeks ago.
    I have made an new admob app about 4 weeks ago that's not working ether.
    I followed game makers own tutorial for ads implementation.

It all works on IOS, but with my own IDs form admob it never worked on android.

Has anyone had this problem and or know a fix?

Thanks!

2. Hampej

Hampej Member

For anyone seeing this and wanting to know if there is a solution to this i have one that worked for me. My app ones got removed from google play due to i was inactive updating it. I red somewhere that if this happens you'r app package name may be blacklisted for ads. (i guess so people who uses the app no longer gets ads). Simply changing my apps package name worked. What i red on forums is that there is plenty of things that can cause this problem. some are:

Admob app is to new, can take upp to 48h.
    There is no ads to show atm.
    your admob may be banned. To check this you should have gotten a mail about this.
    ndk sdk and jdk may be wrong.

Failed to load ad: 3 should mean that the code is right and admob has gotten the request. but cant show it.

This has taken me weeks to figure out XD

I hope this somehow someday helps someone ^^

HW. likes this.
  3. HW.

HW. Member

Here is a link i always go to for anything about your related error and other errors reported by other publishers regarding the topic.

They generally go there to get support from the Admob team (if the problem is on their SDK side), it might be useful to get the latest info there by reading the posts, to know what happens if today there is an error, when yesterday it was working fine, when we do nothing with updating our codes.

Yeah, the admob test ads seem to have problems lately, sometimes is showing, sometimes is not, you can read more at...

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!categories/google-admob-ads-sdk/android

Hampej likes this.