• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Failed to Import Chosen Files Continuous Error

T

TreysterGames

Whenever I try to import a sprite into my resources panel, I keep getting the import failure response. It's been happening lately and has been inconsistent for when it occurs, I don't know why it happens, but I could really use some advice for how to fix these pop-ups, thank you! (I'm also fairly new to GMS2, so it could be something on my part as well.) Edit: Also, whenever I import a sprite this red error thing comes up, I paid $100 for this dude

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

curato

Those are pretty big files. Try them one at a time and see if they will import. Also confirm the files are the correct format like png and not the photoshop file or something like that.

This can also be attributed to some bull💩💩💩💩 due to the way GMS reads files. I have no idea of the cause but GMS 💩💩💩💩s the bed when it comes to importing certain things. A common solution I use is to copy+paste the entire image from one "save" to another and then saving again. For instance, I run into this problem if I import from Inkscape exported png to GMS directly. If I then open the png into Gimp, copy a new visible layer of everything, paste it into a new file and then export as a png, the damn thing works fine. I don't know if it has to do with the colour management of the file, the alpha settings, the compression applied to the png, but whatever it is, sometimes GMS just won't import stuff. Copy the visible layers in another program and paste them into a new window, export the new window and then import that new export. Sucks, but until someone else gives me a clue as to what is going on that's the only process I've found to work for certain things.

Last edited:
T

TreysterGames

Those are pretty big files. Try them one at a time and see if they will import. Also confirm the files are the correct format like png and not the photoshop file or something like that.
The files in the thread aren't the ones I'm trying to import, I'm trying to import a file that's 4KB and is a PNG, and I know file size isn't the problem, because I uploaded a 774KB file before, I just think its the application being inconsistent when it comes to importing images.