• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Mac OSX FAILED: Run Program Complete

S

Sean H

I'm pretty new to the GMS2, and I got this error message while I'm trying to run my tutorial project.
Saving project to: /Users/21shangenh/GameMakerStudio2/My First Game - DnD Tutorial/My First Game - DnD Tutorial.yyp
"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.3.189/bin/Igor.exe -options="/var/folders/6x/mxflgyvn3cnb4zq21tyqrfs8vplntd/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -- Mac Run

FAILED: Run Program Complete

Help, please.

S

Silver_Mantis

Sometimes this error will show up because of a bug that goes away with a reinstall, but it has rarely happened. Normally this is because there is some kind of error in your code.
This could be a misspelling, a logical error with functions, etc.
Make sure you look over you work carefully, and if you've been doing a lot of work, just up and leave the PC for about 10 minutes and come back. It give you "new eyes" as they say which allows you to find your errors much more efficiently.
If all that fails give it a reinstall I suppose.

EDIT: What was the last piece of code you worked on before this message? You can post it here if you want us to look and see if you did something wrong.

S

Sean H

So I was doing a DnD project, and the error came out when I was attempt to run the game without any events, only a sprit and an object.