• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows FAILED : Run Program Complete

S

spaceman_games

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:11.7414939s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.5.49/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 02/28/2017 16:00:13
FAILED : Run Program Complete

I don't understand why this is happening. Out of nowhere my game isn't working anymore.

yes I updated the runtime. still. nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CyanideFuse

Have you renamed any resources in the resource tree e.g. a script name, object name?

I have started to get this error with one of my projects since renaming a script within the resource tree. I tested a backup file and put a curly bracket out of place and it compiled and told me there was a syntax error. But doing it in my current version (the one that had a script resource renamed) just comes up with the error you list and not a syntax error.

It seems like in my case the renaming of the script has started an error off as there wasn't anything I had done in the 5 minutes where it went from compiling and showing syntax errors to this message.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

spaceman_games

Have you renamed any resources in the resource tree e.g. a script name, object name?

I have started to get this error with one of my projects since renaming a script within the resource tree. I tested a backup file and put a curly bracket out of place and it compiled and told me there was a syntax error. But doing it in my current version (the one that had a script resource renamed) just comes up with the error you list and not a syntax error.

It seems like in my case the renaming of the script has started an error off as there wasn't anything I had done in the 5 minutes where it went from compiling and showing syntax errors to this message.
No, it just happened out of nowhere. I keep backups all the time so I just brought one up from before and continued from there and everything started working properly. It's weird that it would mess up a file like that, though.