• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows FAILED: Run Program Complete ? [SOLVED]

A

Alias

So basically whenever i try to make changes to my GML code and run my game, this error happens. I've tried looking it up and people have said it is a result of an outdated runtime, but my runtime version is up to date. I've tried reinstalling and that didn't fix it either.

Error Log:

Saving project to: C:\Users\Konrad\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\AFKH\AFKH.yyp
Saving 2 resources
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.5.49/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\AFKH_4884BEE2\macros.json
OptionsIni
Options: C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\AFKH_4884BEE2\platform_options.yy
TargetPreferences: C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\AFKH_4884BEE2\preferences.json
Target Options: C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\AFKH_4884BEE2\targetoptions.json
[Compile] Run asset compiler
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.5.49/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8 /gn="AFKH" /td="C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2" /cd="C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\AFKH_4884BEE2" /zpuf="C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\kkahnert49_1120578" /m=windows /tgt=64 /nodnd /cfg=default /o="C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\AFKH_7069638C_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\AFKH_7069638C_VM\options.ini" /tp=2048 /cvm /baseproject="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.5.49/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "C:\Users\Konrad\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\AFKH\AFKH.yyp" /bt=run"
Reading project file....C:\Users\Konrad\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\AFKH
Reading project file....C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.0.5.49\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'C:\Users\Konrad\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\AFKH\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Error : gml_Object_obj_pistol_Step_0(20) : malformed if statement
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\AFKH_7069638C_VM\AFKH.win
Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=30
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... EMBI
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=1550.1861
Stats : GMA : sp=11,au=0,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=3,ro=1,da=0,ex=0,ma=3,fm=0x440200020

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:04.5840487s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.5.49/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Konrad\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 03/16/2017 21:08:02
FAILED : Run Program Complete

A

Alias

Your runtime is absolutely not up to date (2.0.5.49), as of the time of writing it should be 2.0.5.77 according the Release Notes.
Strange, i'm running the steam version and it says that 2.0.5.49 is the most recent runtime under preferences < runtime feeds < master. How can update my runtime then?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Log into your YoYo account (create one if you don't), link your Steam license and install from the Release Notes. The Steam version is always behind the version straight from YoYo, and anyone who knew what it was like with GMS 1.x can tell you how absurdly far behind it can get.

Strange, i'm running the steam version and it says that 2.0.5.49 is the most recent runtime under preferences < runtime feeds < master. How can update my runtime then?
Log into your YoYo account (create one if you don't), link your Steam license and install from the Release Notes. The Steam version is always behind the version straight from YoYo, and anyone who knew what it was like with GMS 1.x can tell you how absurdly far behind it can get.
I am running on 2.0.5.77 (not through Steam) and the runtime is still at 2.0.5.49, and is the latest version. The runtime does not have to match the IDE version as far as I have been aware.

A

Alias

I installed the latest patch but the runtime is still showing up as the old version. My game still refuses to launch and gives me the same error.

I installed the latest patch but the runtime is still showing up as the old version. My game still refuses to launch and gives me the same error.
The IDE version 2.0.5.77, but the Runtime version is 2.0.5.49 and is the latest.

I don't think it has anything to do with the runtime version you are using, as I noticed this in your compile message:

You need to go find that mistake in your code in the Step Event of the obj_pistol and fix it. Then it should compile. If you have trouble figuring out what the problem is with your code, then can you post the code from that Step Event and we will have a look at it for you.

A

Alias

The IDE version 2.0.5.77, but the Runtime version is 2.0.5.49 and is the latest.

I don't think it has anything to do with the runtime version you are using, as I noticed this in your compile message:

You need to go find that mistake in your code in the Step Event of the obj_pistol and fix it. Then it should compile. If you have trouble figuring out what the problem is with your code, then can you post the code from that Step Event and we will have a look at it for you.
Yep, turns out i just accidentally put a semicolon after an if statement :p. Thanks for the help!