1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows FAILED: Run Program Complete - Cannot test nor build my project.

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Stoozey, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Stoozey

Stoozey Member

I was using GMS2 yesterday and running my game was fine but for some reason, the next time I tried to build it I got this error.
    Sometimes it happens so I just assumed it would work if I tried again, didn't work, so again and still nothing. I looked around and the only answer I found was that my runtime feed was installed incorrectly, first off that doesn't seem to make sense since I went from being able to build to not in the same session. I reinstalled GMS2 and still I get this error. I then double checked, and reinstalled the runtime through gamemaker, still the error.
    Same error happens on old runtimes.

If I scroll up in the log I see this
    Is this an error on my part? If it is - then how am I supposed to fix it? I have no way of telling where it could be, it's a very large project.
    It says there is an "exeption file", does that have my answer? Doesn't help much since it's an encypted ".yyg.saencryptedreport" file????

I am able to run different projects, just not this one.
    Please help, I really have no clue what to do!
    Nowhere in the editor in scripts or objects am I told about an error, so this is really confusing.

EDIT: Found the issue, but turns out it was a bug from gamemaker. I disabled all the newest objects that I put in a room, then re-enabled them and it now works. What??

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. Narayan Lewandowski

Narayan Lewandowski Member

thank you I had the same issue