• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Failed detecting devices... (iOS)

W

WSabourin

I am looking for a solutions with the following problem. I have configured my mac so that it can be detected and authenticated correctly on the test connection phase. However when I go to detect iOS devices, it says connects successfully in the console but throws up an Igor error message stating "No suitable authentication method found to complete authentication (publickey,keyboard-interactive)" Image attached... but the console in Gamemaker says Connection successful!

I gave all the permissions I thought (file sharing and remote connection to the user) which tests fine but I have no clue where to turn at this point.

I am using OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 for my Mac and Windows 10 running my Gamemaker Studio 2.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Test.jpg

M

Mastergidan

I am having the same issue in GameMaker Studio 2 (GameMaker Studio works fine instead).

I'm setting up a connection for macOS platform, in the Device Editor window it says "Connection to IPADDRESS successful!" but when I run the game I get the same error message as yours.

G

Gregie

Hi fellas, not sure if this will be of help since I'm using Sierra , but I just got it working on my end with a bit of trouble as well. In my case the issue was that there was no .ssh folder created on OSX. Manually making this folder solved the issue. (I would love to paste you guys the link to the thread that solved it for me but since I'm a new user I need to make 5 posts before I can post a link :) , but just google "gamemaker .ssh" and it should be the first article that pops up.

Again, this may not be your problem , but since you are on OSX El Capitan there is a chance that the Igor Gamemaker error message is not showing the proper msg since the setup tutorial for GM2 is geared at OSX Sierra.

M

Mastergidan

I have launched the command from the terminal but the problem persists... I'm downloading macOS Sierra now... let's see...

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mastergidan

OK thanks @Gregie , I've installed macOS Sierra and GameMaker Studio 2 compiles the game for macOS platform without problems now...

W

WSabourin

Well I did get a response from YoYo Support and it seems this is a known issue which will be addressed next release. In the meantime may as well upgrade your Mac OS people and do the work around if you need to test your game before release...