• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Failed build for Windows export

shmurl

I hired someone to build a game for me. He was able to export to Windows, Html5, etc
He sent me the original file and I am able to export to HTML5, but when I try to export to Windows I get the following error message.
Any help would be much appreciated!
TIA

GML:
"cmd"  /c subst Z: "C:\Users\shmue\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.3199499s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\shmue\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 03/30/2021 10:11:55
"cmd"  /c subst Y: "C:\Users\shmue\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"

elapsed time 00:00:00.2226043s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\shmue\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" started at 03/30/2021 10:11:56
"cmd"  /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.3.1.409"

elapsed time 00:00:00.2175886s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.3.1.409" started at 03/30/2021 10:11:56
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.1.409/bin/Igor.exe"  -j=8 -options="C:\Users\shmue\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Windows PackageNsis

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\shmue\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Gematria_G_A45BCCB6_4D50E6C\macros.json
Options: X:/bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\shmue\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\shmuelkaufmann_511614\local_settings.json
Options: C:\Users\shmue\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Gematria_G_A45BCCB6_4D50E6C\targetoptions.json
Setting up the Asset compiler
X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /mv=1 /zpex /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8  /gn="Gematria_Grapes_Final" /td="Y:/" /cd="Z:/Gematria_G_A45BCCB6_4D50E6C" /zpuf="C:\Users\shmue\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\shmuelkaufmann_511614" /m=windows /tgt=64 /nodnd /cfg="Default" /o="Y:/Gematria_Grapes_Final_3393B0C6_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="Y:/Gematria_Grapes_Final_3393B0C6_VM\options.ini"  /cvm /baseproject="X:/BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "C:\Users\shmue\Documents\TorahGames\Unfinished projects\Gematriya Grapes\Gematria_Grapes_Final\Gematria_Grapes_Final.yyp" /preprocess="Z:/Gematria_G_A45BCCB6_4D50E6C"
We have a Zeus Project!
Found Project Format 2
ProjectFileWatcher:StartWatching:C:\Users\shmue\Documents\TorahGames\Unfinished projects\Gematriya Grapes\Gematria_Grapes_Final
Started: 2021-03-30 10:12:00 AM
Finished: 2021-03-30 10:12:04 AM
Diff: 00:00:03.6643577
Loaded Project: Gematria_Grapes_Final
finished.
Release build
Options: Z:/Gematria_G_A45BCCB6_4D50E6C\ExtensionOptions.json
OptionsIni
Options: Z:/Gematria_G_A45BCCB6_4D50E6C\PlatformOptions.json
[Compile] Run asset compiler
X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /mv=1 /zpex /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8  /gn="Gematria_Grapes_Final" /td="Y:/" /cd="Z:/Gematria_G_A45BCCB6_4D50E6C" /zpuf="C:\Users\shmue\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\shmuelkaufmann_511614" /m=windows /tgt=64 /nodnd /cfg="Default" /o="Y:/Gematria_Grapes_Final_3393B0C6_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="Y:/Gematria_Grapes_Final_3393B0C6_VM\options.ini"  /cvm /baseproject="X:/BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "C:\Users\shmue\Documents\TorahGames\Unfinished projects\Gematriya Grapes\Gematria_Grapes_Final\Gematria_Grapes_Final.yyp" /bt=exe /rt=vm /64bitgame=false
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
finished.
collapsing enums.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... Y:/Gematria_Grapes_Final_3393B0C6_VM\Gematria_Grapes_Final.win
Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=60
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ACRV
Writing Chunk... SEQN
Writing Chunk... TAGS
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... EMBI
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Texture Group - birds
Texture Group - board
Texture Group - Default
Writing Chunk... TGIN
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
1 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_1.png...
2 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_2.png...
3 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_3.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=4007.1899
Stats : GMA : sp=38,au=13,bk=0,pt=0,sc=104,sh=0,fo=1,tl=0,ob=46,ro=11,da=2,ex=0,ma=50,fm=0xB21C6FED28A0
DoSteam
Igor complete.
PlatformOptions
DoVersion
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
   at Vestris.ResourceLib.Resource.SaveTo(String filename, ResourceId type, ResourceId name, UInt16 lang, Byte[] data)
   at ..(String , YYDictionary`2 )
   at Igor.WindowsBuilder.PackageNsis()
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:15.2604144s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.1.409/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\shmue\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Windows PackageNsis started at 03/30/2021 10:11:57
"cmd"  /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:01.2046878s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 03/30/2021 10:12:12
"cmd"  /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.2682996s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 03/30/2021 10:12:13
"cmd"  /c subst X: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.2600553s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 03/30/2021 10:12:14
FAILED: Package Program Complete
For the details of why this build failed, please review the whole log above and also see your Compile Errors window.

curato

usually when you get that kind of error is a permission related. Are you an admin on the computer you are compiling on?

rIKmAN

I am an admin. And I tried running GMS as an Admin and still received the error message.
Can you compile a new empty project?
Do you have any antivirus or system protection software that could be blocking access to the required files/folders?

shmurl

Yes, I can compile an empty project (or any project that I've made on my computer). I'm only encountering the error with the file that the programmer sent.
To the best of my knowledge, I don't have software that would block access to the required folders.

rIKmAN

Yes, I can compile an empty project (or any project that I've made on my computer). I'm only encountering the error with the file that the programmer sent.
To the best of my knowledge, I don't have software that would block access to the required folders.
Even if you haven't installed any protection software yourself, if you are using Windows 10 then Windows Defender is installed by default.
If that's the case fully disable it and try again so that you can rule it out as the cause.

shmurl

Even if you haven't installed any protection software yourself, if you are using Windows 10 then Windows Defender is installed by default.
If that's the case fully disable it and try again so that you can rule it out as the cause.
In the Windows settings > Virus & Threat protection settings: I turned off Real Time protection, Cloud-delivered protection, Automatic Sample submission and Tamper protection. It didn't work. Is there another setting that needs to be turned off in order to potentially allow access to the files?

rIKmAN

In the Windows settings > Virus & Threat protection settings: I turned off Real Time protection, Cloud-delivered protection, Automatic Sample submission and Tamper protection. It didn't work. Is there another setting that needs to be turned off in order to potentially allow access to the files?
I'm not sure of all the settings as I've never had an issue with it personally, but disabling the Realtime Protection and Cloud Protection should be enough.

You already said your user account is an Admin account on the machine so that seems to rule that out, although as curato said it would be the first thing I'd also look at with an error related to permissions and access being denied, followed by av/system protection software.

Have a read through this help article and see if any of the things listed might be relevant to your situation: