Fading to a battle

C

Chapstick

Hey everyone. I'm pretty new here, and I have a problem.

I'm creating a turn based RPG. I would like to use a battle transition similar to Deltarune. (Everything but the player and enemy objects fade away; see gif for example) I'm trying to create a room transition that fades over everything except the objects I want to stay on screen. However, when the transition starts, it destroys all objects in the room instead of leaving the player and enemies behind.

Here's an example of what I want to accomplish:

Is there any way I can make a fade that will not remove the player and enemy objects? Thanks!

samspade

Hey everyone. I'm pretty new here, and I have a problem.

I'm creating a turn based RPG. I would like to use a battle transition similar to Deltarune. (Everything but the player and enemy objects fade away; see gif for example) I'm trying to create a room transition that fades over everything except the objects I want to stay on screen. However, when the transition starts, it destroys all objects in the room instead of leaving the player and enemies behind.

Here's an example of what I want to accomplish:

Is there any way I can make a fade that will not remove the player and enemy objects? Thanks!
It sounds like you're transferring from one room to another? If that's the case then there are two options.
  1. make the characters persistent. Without knowing your code, hard to say, but probably not a great idea.
  2. spawn the characters over the fade out in the new room.