• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Facebook_dialog no longer returning response?

clee2005

Hey gang,

Anyone else notice that facebook_dialog no longer populates the response after the user posts? I'm on Android with Facebook extension 1.2.1 and 1763. It seems this was occurring before with Facebook 1.0.8 as well, although I didn't test as rigorously as I just did with 1.2.1.

I just want to verify that the user posted something and then reward them. As it is now I cannot determine if anything was posted even though the function does work and it does actually post to the wall.

Cheers!

clee2005

I was checking the response object for a value in the post_id property. Then I read this just now from Facebooks Docs :

Response Data
Parameter Description
post_id

The ID of the posted story, if the person chose to publish to their timeline.

The parameter post_id is in a 6 month deprecation window for use withoutpublish_actions permission. Beginning October 12, 2016, post_id requires your app to have publish_actions granted, and for the user to share to their timeline or a group.

clee2005

Thanks @ShubhamBansod . That's what I did and then instead of using the Feed Dialog or Share dialog which I was using, I just switched to facebook_graph_request and posted directly to the player's feed since I have to request the publish_actions permissions in the first place. Facebook is not making it easy to have people optionally post.

clee2005

Yes, in fact it was all working in production and then suddenly the game wasn't responding after a post. I believe that it's because Facebook changed their post_id response after a post with the Feed Dialog. Used to be able to look at that to know if the user posted, but now you have to have the publish_actions permission to get that post_id back.