GameMaker Facebook

Hi

Is there any way to incorporate facebook and a smart phone into GMS2. I saw my license supports it but I haven't seen anybody
talk about it. I'd like to be able to do an augmented reality think, where the camera is used to show the view in front. Except this
is AR, so the AR details are rendered over top of the camera.

-TW

Last edited:

rIKmAN

Not sure if it needs updating to work with 2.3 or works as-is with it, but there's a Facebook integration guide here:

Not sure if it needs updating to work with 2.3 or works as-is with it, but there's a Facebook integration guide here:
Ok rIKmAN. NIce to see you. Do you know about how to access or get information from the phone's Camera and GPS?

rIKmAN

Ok rIKmAN. NIce to see you. Do you know about how to access or get information from the phone's Camera and GPS?
No, I know there are some extensions on the marketplace which let you use the camera/gps - it requires native code on iOS/Android.

You should also look into privacy/permissions as those will require explicit permission by the user and can turn people away from using the app if it's just a game and isn't clear why it would need access to those things. Not sure whether GPS falls under data protection etc, but the latest info and guidelines for each platform shouldn't be too hard to find on Google with a few searches - just check the date of the articles to make sure they are the most recently published.

EDIT:
Links to extensions:
You'll have to scroll through the camera ones to see which may be suitable, remember to check what platforms they work on as some that work on iOS/Android may not work on HTML5 through a browser even on the same devices.

Last edited: