Facebook Instant Chess Networking

P

Predrag

Hi to all.

I have a big problem regarding networking and hope community can help.
We made a chess game and we want to publish it as a Facebook Instant game.
We have managed to do a little basic PC to PC, Android to Android, and Android to PC connection.

The problem is HTML5 networking.
We understand that it is somewhat complicated, and we are not quite sure where to begin.

Is there a comprehensive tutorial(s) for this?

What are the networking steps we need to take to have a player VS player Facebook Instant chess game in which players enter a game room, chose an opponent or randomly get one?
If I was not clear enough I will answer any question you have.

Thank you for reading this, your help would be highly appreciated.

chamaeleon

We understand that it is somewhat complicated, and we are not quite sure where to begin.
Begin with the Facebook Instant Games API documentation.
Is there a comprehensive tutorial(s) for this?
A quick google Bing search shows a Udemy course.
What are the networking steps we need to take to have a player VS player Facebook Instant chess game in which players enter a game room, chose an opponent or randomly get one?
Wrap the Facebook Instant Games API in a Javascript extension or get one from the marketplace.

Last edited:

chamaeleon

Maybe I should go back to Google as my default search engine (not inviting privacy discussions and how I should use DuckDuckGo or something else instead). Google put your link as the first hit, while Bing gave in the middle of the second page.

rIKmAN

Maybe I should go back to Google as my default search engine (not inviting privacy discussions and how I should use DuckDuckGo or something else instead). Google put your link as the first hit, while Bing gave in the middle of the second page.
I didn't search - I had a shortcut to the guide saved from when I was playing around with FBIG a while back.
Not sure how bad Bing is as I only use it for MS Rewards but I guess it's pretty bad if it wasn't even on the first page.

chamaeleon

I didn't search - I had a shortcut to the guide saved from when I was playing around with FBIG a while back.
Not sure how bad Bing is as I only use it for MS Rewards but I guess it's pretty bad if it wasn't even on the first page.
I was pretty surprised and somewhat disappointed when I compared these two results. Anyway, glad you had it handy, as it was the kind of content I wanted to find. Also use Bing for the rewards (I'll be rich any day now).

P

Predrag

Thank you both.
We will follow instructions and see if we can handle it.

It is the two player and JS parts of the whole thing that are troubling us, but hopefully we will manage it.
I will report on the progress and will kindly ask you for further info if we run into troubles.

Thanks again.

P

Predrag

Thank you for your response.
If i get the game running I will mention you all in Credits. :)