Facebook extension

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by kwlee, Apr 5, 2019.

1. kwlee

kwlee Member

Yoyogames docs states the following: The following section refers to obsolete functions that were only valid for the old GameMaker: Studio 1.4 legacy Facebook extension. As such you can no longer use these functions in your projects. For current Facebook functionality you need to have activated the Facebook API in the appropriate Game Options for the target platform, which will prompt you to download and install the extension. The extension comes with a *.pdf format mini-manual explaining how to use it as well as showing all the function definitions and examples. All references to the old facebook_*() functions will need to be replaced (and updated) to use the extension fb_*() equivalents.

I did the above and it prompted me to download Facebook Extension for GM 1.4 (nothing on 2.0). Couldn't find any pdf. When build it just throws a list of errors like the following
    Script: Firebase_Facebook_signIn at line 6 : unknown function or script facebook_login

Same result even if I tried with fb_login.

Am I missing something or this is a GM2 bug?

Btw, I am running GM 2.2.2.413

Kindly advise. Thanks.

2. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

It looks like the updated extension hasn't been published correctly. I'll chase it up and see what can be done to fix this as soon as possible. Thanks for pointing it out!

3. Jack S

Jack S Member

Nocturne likes this.
  4. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

I completly forgot the Beta version of the extension was linked on the helpdesk! I've updated the article with a link to the PDF manual too. :)

Jack S likes this.
  5. pipebkOT

pipebkOT Member

but......but, the demo version already included the pdf manual :D is in the "included files" of the project, but if you import the extension to your own project of course that the pdf will not be carried over to your project, but is still in the facebook extension project ;)

Nocturne likes this.
  6. Speederman

Speederman Member

For your info: fb_graph_request needs a DSList with key-value pairs as the last parameter instead of the DSMap that the documentation says (on both iOS and Android exports). I have wasted all the morning to figure it out...

Please, fix it (and also the included PDF in the extension)...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Christian Rabuñal likes this.
  7. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

You need to report this officially as a bug and choose "Documentation" as the category.

In the IDE use Help > File a Bug Report.

8. Speederman

Speederman Member

Well, it is not a Game Maker's documentation issue, as it is on the pdf included into the facebook extension (and here and also here). I thought that it would be easier and faster to let Nocturne know it.

Anyway, I'll also do what you suggest... Thanks.

9. Christian Rabuñal

Christian Rabuñal Member

Could you write the code please? I have the same problem