• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

External room editor GMS2

A

anomalous

I have some rooms that I would like to replicate, but map the tiles to different tiles. They are large and complex, and I just want to copy it to a new room name basically, and change all of tile A, to AA, and B to BB, etc.
Are there any GMS2 external room editor/save tools out there? Alternatively, is there a way to decode the room files sufficient to do something as "simple" as map tiles to new ones?

W

Walky

If you duplicate the room you can change the tileset being used (the layer's tilemap won't be lost). If the new tileset "matches" the old one (i.e. "same" image but with another theme/mood) it should work. If they don't match, maybe it'll be better to reorder the tiles in the new tileset using an external tile editor.

Also, depending on your particular needs you may want to consider room parenting.