1. Hey! Guest! The 32nd GMC Jam will take place between Feb 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Feb 25th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

GMS 2 Extension issues (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Heathenlamb, Feb 13, 2019 at 8:57 PM.

1. Heathenlamb

Heathenlamb Member

Hey folks ... not sure if anyone can help, but at this point my brain is fried. I am using a non-sandbox files extension. My issue is that it works PERFECTLY within the IDE. But whenever I create the executable none of the commands work.

I have tried a few different non sandboxed extensions and they all do the same thing. Work perfectly when in the IDE but after creating the executable, don't.

Yes all the dll's etc are there (windows 10). I am f**ked if I can work it out.

Has anyone experienced this type of issue ?

2. The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer Member

What sort of commands are you using and are the paths relative to the game or absolute?

I normally have no issues with walking outside of the sandbox at all. If I am attempting to access included files I simply call it direct (or in it's folder if it is in one - like "media/thing.xxx" otherwise "c:/windows/system32/calc.exe".

If I use backslashes in the path I have to call it like so "c:\\wndows\\system32\\calc.exe" as the first slash is known as an 'escape code'.

Hope this helps. :)

Heathenlamb likes this.
  3. Heathenlamb

Heathenlamb Member

They are absolute paths. I guess I am frustrated because as I said, within the IDE they run perfectly. However you're note about the backslashes is interesting and I'll give that a go. Thanks for the tips.

The Sorcerer likes this.
  4. Heathenlamb

Heathenlamb Member

Yep you nailed it The Sorcerer ... it was a backslash issue ... thanks heaps !

The Sorcerer likes this.
  5. The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer Member

No worries dude! I take credit card and PayPal :p

Bayesian likes this.