• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Extension -> [add android source] does nothing

D

DirectShift

Hello, I'm creating an extension and then I use "add android source" but I don't notice a difference after doing so.
I'm creating my android code with android studio, so I just go and point to the "main" folder from my project (the one with manifest, res and src folders)

I saw that if I go to my gm project/extensions I can see the added data.

BUT, when using Game maker studio, I go to the extension and found NO WAY to add gml functions. I mean... nothing appears! it's like it makes no difference.

I included an image, that's all I see, i don't know what else to do

Attachments

S

Seva Gostev

Heyo, I just came here to look for information about Android extensions as well.

As far as I know from looking into this topic recently, what you're seeing is what's supposed to happen. The way to add GML functions is by adding a Generic Placeholder file as well as the source file. In the regular extension window, click on the menu icon next to "Files", and go "Add Placeholder" > "Add Generic Placeholder". This file is what you add GML functions to. For more info, read the page on Extensions in the manual carefully, specifically the Creating Extensions > Android subsection. There's also a few helpful blog posts about it. I can't post links yet, but you should find them if you just google "gms2 android extension".