• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Extending studio 2? (ableton/midi connection)

D

DallyMoore

Hello everyone , sorry for my english in advance.

i'm tryng the beta and i really like the software , i would like to learn how to extend studio 2 (i assume that right now it's not possible while in beta) for making it communicate with ableton software and midi files.
i used unity for 4 years (c#) and gml but it's just a hobby for me , i'm actually a musician.
it would be possibile? what should i study for learn that kind of things and what resources should i look for?

Thank you :3

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I used to have an experimental integration for an old DLL called Digital Midi on 1.4.1757, but something in window_handle() broke it the version after and I can't get it working again. Maybe I'll try something tonight to see if it can be brought back, but no guarantees.

Edit: Still not working. If anyone knows how window_handle() now works post-1.4.1760, PM me.

Last edited:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
window_handle() still just returns the HWND though it is now a PTR type so should be passed into an extension as a string (and then in the C++ just cast it to an HWND), this is to support x64 DLL's as an HWND is actually a pointer.

Russell