• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Exposed variables to room editor

P

pulsemeat

At the moment, editing creation code on many instances is an incredibly painful process. It'll probably get better, but I almost exclusively use it to set 1-2 variables on each object for the code to interpret. Is there any hope that we'll be able to set exposed variables for editing on instances?

With the improvements to the room & tile editor I feel like it can be a proper level design tool now, but this seems like a major piece of missing functionality for multi-person projects (unless I'm missing something).

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
We do have plans for users to add their own variable so that when editing an instance you can edit these as well. This is some time off though.

P

pulsemeat

Great, thanks for the reply Mike. This would be a huge improvement for working in a team (and would help me convince people that GM is a better tool for 2D games than Unity).