• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Exporting to mac?

L

lurviq

When exporting for mac instead of windows, are there any things you need to change in specific when it comes to code or anything else? Or does the engine do literally all of the porting for you?

gnysek

Generally - you don't need to change anything. There are several functions which are Windows only, but there's a little change you use them, and probably already found them in manual with info they not work on other platform :)

S

Sam (Deleted User)

There are some interface things to be aware of as well. When providing in-game instructions and controls, it's important to know the difference between a Windows and Mac keyboard. i.e. on Mac, there is no "enter" key, it is called "return" on Mac. When programming controls you can still use <enter> events or vk_enter in code to check the return key, but you should probably refer to it as return and not enter when telling the player the controls visually.

gnysek

There are some interface things to be aware of as well. When providing in-game instructions and controls, it's important to know the difference between a Windows and Mac keyboard. i.e. on Mac, there is no "enter" key, it is called "return" on Mac. When programming controls you can still use <enter> events or vk_enter in code to check the return key, but you should probably refer to it as return and not enter when telling the player the controls visually.
Meh, it depends how keyboard you use, for example on my Mac Mini I have a normal one, with "Windows" logos... still, it's rather cosmetic change than real change in code.