• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Exporting sprite animation

A

Amay

Hello. I have some questions about the (great) animation tool from GameMaker Studio 2.
As far as I can tell, GameMaker (after save) is generating all frames as .png files that are avaiable in the project folder.

Now:
1. Is it possible to export the animation as one .png file (like normal spritesheet, vertical/horizontal etc.) ?
2. If not - I tried already some external tools to do it by myself. But it looks like the order of all generated images (with strange name-numbers like 0b7d4804-4632-4d7e-9d58-20f14432b58d.png) is incorrect and external tools cant join them to create valid spritesheet. This causes problems - I can't use the spritesheet in other software (not in GameMaker Studio) because frames of animation are mixed.
Does anybody know how to fix that? Maybe I just don't understand those numbers in files names and it is possible to sort images in proper way?

Thanks.

rIKmAN

Hello. I have some questions about the (great) animation tool from GameMaker Studio 2.
As far as I can tell, GameMaker (after save) is generating all frames as .png files that are avaiable in the project folder.

Now:
1. Is it possible to export the animation as one .png file (like normal spritesheet, vertical/horizontal etc.) ?
2. If not - I tried already some external tools to do it by myself. But it looks like the order of all generated images (with strange name-numbers like 0b7d4804-4632-4d7e-9d58-20f14432b58d.png) is incorrect and external tools cant join them to create valid spritesheet. This causes problems - I can't use the spritesheet in other software (not in GameMaker Studio) because frames of animation are mixed.
Does anybody know how to fix that? Maybe I just don't understand those numbers in files names and it is possible to sort images in proper way?

Thanks.
You could use an external tool like create a spritesheet from the images before you import them into GMS2, then once you import them you can use GMS2 to split the sheet into individual frames.

There are many free simple tools that can do this such as GlueIt or SpriteSheetPacker as well as more advanced paid tools with many more features such as TexturePacker.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
File a "save as strip" as a suggestion, and we'll add it to the list.

A

Amay

You could use an external tool like create a spritesheet from the images before you import them into GMS2, then once you import them you can use GMS2 to split the sheet into individual frames.

There are many free simple tools that can do this such as GlueIt or SpriteSheetPacker as well as more advanced paid tools with many more features such as TexturePacker.
I think there is a misunderstanding - I don't want to import anything to the GameMaker. I want to create the animation in GameMaker and export it as one spritesheet.

sylvain_l

File a "save as strip" as a suggestion, and we'll add it to the list.
but ... its already there no ?
open the sprite in the sprite editor, than Image->Export to PNG
give me a sprite_stripXX.png with all the images of the sprite animation

edit: only thing, we don't have any configuration setting to decide how many images by line

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Yeah, can get pretty long. But.... a strip is a strip I guess.... at least there's something there :)