• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Export to iOS Linker Errors

Hello all - recently got back into making apps via Gamemaker so I dusted off some of my older hardware and am running into some errors with my iOS export.

I am able to connect to my Mac just fine, and it starts to compile, but always throws an error while Xcode says the project is "linking".

I get the following error in Gamemaker Studio's compile form:
The following build commands failed:
Ld /Users/steve/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Pipey_Smash-erpoyyegdrafhrghlkeklbfhewzz/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Pipey_Smash/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pipey_Smash.build/Release-iphoneos/Pipey_Smash.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Pipey_Smash normal armv7
Ld /Users/steve/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Pipey_Smash-erpoyyegdrafhrghlkeklbfhewzz/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Pipey_Smash/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pipey_Smash.build/Release-iphoneos/Pipey_Smash.build/Objects-normal/arm64/Pipey_Smash normal arm64
(2 failures)​

While in Xcode I have a boatload of red errors relating to Apple Mach-O Linker errors.

I am confused if it is a version issue or something else. I have the following versions running:
Xcode 6.2
GMS 1.4.1772

I've read various threads online but nothing seems to work and half of them say to downgrade, while the other half say to upgrade. Any help?

rIKmAN

Hello all - recently got back into making apps via Gamemaker so I dusted off some of my older hardware and am running into some errors with my iOS export.

I am able to connect to my Mac just fine, and it starts to compile, but always throws an error while Xcode says the project is "linking".

I get the following error in Gamemaker Studio's compile form:
The following build commands failed:
Ld /Users/steve/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Pipey_Smash-erpoyyegdrafhrghlkeklbfhewzz/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Pipey_Smash/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pipey_Smash.build/Release-iphoneos/Pipey_Smash.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Pipey_Smash normal armv7
Ld /Users/steve/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Pipey_Smash-erpoyyegdrafhrghlkeklbfhewzz/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Pipey_Smash/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pipey_Smash.build/Release-iphoneos/Pipey_Smash.build/Objects-normal/arm64/Pipey_Smash normal arm64
(2 failures)​

While in Xcode I have a boatload of red errors relating to Apple Mach-O Linker errors.

I am confused if it is a version issue or something else. I have the following versions running:
Xcode 6.2
GMS 1.4.1772

I've read various threads online but nothing seems to work and half of them say to downgrade, while the other half say to upgrade. Any help?
As per the SDK Setup Article, xCode 8.3+ is recommended.
iOS
  • Xcode 8.3.1 - Stable/EA
  • Xcode 8.3/9 - Beta

Thanks rlKmAN, but I am still getting build errors.

I have changed to Xcode 8.3 and uninstalled my previous version of xcode.

I am now able to run my app on the virtual devices, but when I try to archive I get a code signing error: usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

I've double checked my certificates and don't believe that's the issue. I have tried both developer and distribution certificates with neither working (I believe I want to be using developer even if I'm trying to upload to the app store, as it looks like I'll use the distribution cert after I've archived).

Also when I try to create the executable from Gamemaker, it always hangs at
open -a '/Applications/Xcode.app' PipeySmash.xcodeproj; while [ ! -d ~/GameMaker-Studio/Pipey\ Smash/PipeySmash/PipeySmash.xcodeproj/xcuserdata ]; do sleep 2; done;"
at which point I just build within Xcode and it runs fine.

Any other thoughts? Is this a Gamemaker problem since Gamemaker isn't compiling through all the way, or really a signing error and I have something wrong with my certs or something else altogether?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi! I got the same problem as in the original post. Gonna update to xcode 8.3 now.
If you managed to solve the other issue on your end, please feel free to share the solution!