• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Export Module Question

rIKmAN

If I only buy the "Mobile" export modules (iOS+Android) will I be able to test on Desktop at all, or will I only be able to test on iOS+Android devices?

I am not asking about exporting to Desktop - I know I would need the Desktop module for that - I'm asking about hitting play and being able to test / debug on Windows in some way with just the Mobile export modules.

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but there is a "Test" option in the target dropdown in the beta, and I'm wondering if this will be common across all Modules for testing / debugging.

As an aside, if any staff see this - are the beta export modules still on schedule for Q1 release as per the roadmap?

Thanks.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
You'll be able to test on whatever platform the IDE is being run on, but not make an EXE for any desktop platform.