• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Export from Spine

planzzz

Hello!
I have a problem with alpha channel in Spine skeleton.
in GMS:

in Spine:

My GMS graphics and sprite settings:

My Spine export settings:

In Spine forum I found out about the Premultiply alpha checkbox but it didn't help. Also I tryed to solve the problem with different Spine and GMS checkboxes combinations but the issue still exist...
Use Game Maker 2 and Spine 3.4 (tryed 3.5 and 3.6 too)

Try the same settings you have in this Spine Export screenshot, but with the Bleed checkbox selected too. I'm like 90% sure that should work lol Not sure if you'll also need to Premultiply Alpha, but I don't think so. Hope that works!

planzzz

The problem had another reason. I tryed to change different chekboxes in Spine (included Bleed) and GMS but issue still existed.
I didn't know GMS saves settings from first loaded Spine skeleton in Sprite and doesn't update it after I reloaded the skeleton with edits. When I removed the skeleton from Sprite and loaded it again with correct setup everything was good

rIKmAN

The problem had another reason. I tryed to change different chekboxes in Spine (included Bleed) and GMS but issue still existed.
I didn't know GMS saves settings from first loaded Spine skeleton in Sprite and doesn't update it after I reloaded the skeleton with edits. When I removed the skeleton from Sprite and loaded it again with correct setup everything was good
The amount of times I've forgotten to reload the new skeleton into GMS after editing it in Spine, and then sat there looking through my code because something isn't working as expected is unreal.
I don't do it much anymore, mainly because it happened so often I trained myself to do the "adding to GMS" part as part of the Spine export process.

Quick tip: When importing the new json into GMS - load the png texture page first, then hit import again and choose the json file.
If you try to load the new json file straight over the existing json sprite GMS/GMS2 doesn't like it and won't display the new sprite properly in the sprite info dialogue.