• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Explosions

Sabnock

Sounds easy and once i see the solution it probably is but would anybody have a clue how to do the explosions that were used in the original missile command?

i get that it is expanding circles but it looks like there is some sort of XOR or whatever going on as they overlay each other. i could do it with animated sprites but i have set myself the challenge to solve the challenges that the 70's and 80's guys faced to achieve things with very limit resources. i'm twisted like that.

I have written 90% of the game but i am struggling to match this.

Thanks

TheouAegis

Looks more like the animation is asingle expanding colorful circle with an outlying black circle once the explosion reaches a certain size. I mean,you could try to implement an XOR method, but concentric circles may be easier