• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Experiencing a variety of issues with the new update...

Zahk

I was very nervous to update my project, but I took the leap, and now I'm starting to regret it. So far I have run into:
  • my smart-return text code breaking in various instances, printing messages off screen that previously were auto-returning, forcing me to spend hours rewriting code
  • tile sets vanishing from the room editor upon reopening the project, causing entire layers to disappear and forcing me to reupload the tile set sprite, even though the sprite and its assigned tile set asset appeared to be fine
  • a sprite's image_index not updating correctly when the corresponding variable of its attached object changes - currently working on this one, which brings me to the actual reason for my post
The window for a sprite with multiple frames no longer gives me a preview of the frame I have selected. The frames are displayed in a row on the bottom of the window for the sprite asset, but clicking the frames doesn't actually change the sprite to the corresponding frame. In order to actually look at the frames for my sprites, I now have to open them in the image editor... but there's no indicator for the actual number for which frame I'm looking at in the image editor itself. So, as you can imagine, this is pretty frustrating when I'm trying to figure out why specific frames for my sprite aren't updating correctly.

Anyone else running into these kinds of problems?

Edit: Upon further testing, I've discovered that the preview for frames of my sprites in the sprite asset window doesn't update only when the sprite's FPS is set to 0. If the assigned FPS is 0, it only displays the first frame, no matter which frame I have selected.

Definitely seems like a bug to me... feels like the updated IDE, at least for my project, is having all kinds of problems with sprite assets, counting all the issues I listed above, including my smart-return code which was based on a sprite's width.

Last edited: