• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Experienced Coder looking a team to do a spiritual sucessor of Bomberman

Hi everyone,

I'm looking in turn my BomberMan Egine in a complete game, both strong in the Story mode and the Battle mode. Using all the knowledge of previous 2D bomberman games and his clone, trying to pick the best elements and add some news ones.

Sadly, I'm only experienced as coder. So I'm looking for a spriter, a music composer, and a sfx creator, and probably a level designer too.

The conditions for both positions are :
- Have some years of experience (at least 3 years).
- Like Bomberman styled games.
- Have skype to communication.
- Have some examples of previous works.
- Have avaliable time to do the work.

If you fill these conditions and are interested, send me a PM or an e-mail at [email protected]

I know that can have a risk to work freely and sell badly the final game. But if we work hard, organize with others works that pay our bills, I believe that we can do a really good game that call sell reasonable and be added as a good example in our portfolios.

As proof that I'm a coder, and not a "idea guy", I set a link of a basic engine that I did in 4 days. The art was done by Gerardo Quiroz just to show better engine, instead of using colored blocks.

So, in this Bomberman Engine, I'm trying to mimic the main features and try to make gameplay smooth enough. So let's go to the features:
- Free motion.
- Player can move, be hurt, die, place bombs or detonate RC bombs.
- Edge sliding (so if you collides to a block, but it closes to aedge, yo move closer to edge. This useful to avoid a "tank movement"
- Explosion in style of Bomberman
- 8 items so far:
-- Bomb Up
-- Fire Up
-- Speed Up
-- Heart
-- Walk through Bombs
-- Walk through Weakblocks
-- Remote Controlled Bombs (RC bombs)
-- Pierce bombs (theirs blast can pass throught weakblocks).

You move with directional keys , Z to place bombs and X to detonate RC bombs.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31431246/MarketPlace/be.html

Anyway, will be hardly, but if you are an investor and wanted to make deal. I'll be interested too.

S

Sovel

Bomberman is literally one of my favorite games of all time and will forever be!! I can do everything you said from Spriting, Soundtrack Track and Sound Effects. I however do not have the required experience that you're asking, but am a hardworker that wants to finish a game!! PM if you still needhelp!!