• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Exited with non-zero status (47054)

CraterHater

Hey,

GML:
Executing:wmic process call create "X:\\windows\Runner.exe  -game "Y:\Open_The_Gates_Alpha_V_0.4.1_DD8560F_VM\Open The Gates Alpha V 0.4.1.win"","Y:\Open_The_Gates_Alpha_V_0.4.1_DD8560F_VM"
Invalid format.

Hint: <paramlist> = <param> [, <paramlist>].

X:\\windows\Runner.exe exited with non-zero status (47054)
I've been experiencing this issue ever since the latest runtime dropped. However, downgrading runtimes doesn't fix the issue. Anyone got anything for me to try?

Thanks!

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
You have a quoted string within a quoted string in there... that'll probably cause parsing problems because the start of the second string will end the first one. One reason I could imagine for this is that your game path has spaces in its name, which would normally cause problems in a command line environment, hence the path being quoted. But the path is already quoted, so that'll lead to "something wrong"-esque behavior. Try removing the spaces.

CraterHater

You have a quoted string within a quoted string in there... that'll probably cause parsing problems because the start of the second string will end the first one. One reason I could imagine for this is that your game path has spaces in its name, which would normally cause problems in a command line environment, hence the path being quoted. But the path is already quoted, so that'll lead to "something wrong"-esque behavior. Try removing the spaces.
Okay, thank you for that. It solved that issue. However, a lot of things are broken now in the latest runtime. For example I have a show_debug_message in front of a 'game_end()'. The game ends but the message doesn't appear in the output screen. Any ideas?

GML:
Executing:wmic process call create "X:\\windows\Runner.exe  -game "Y:\OpenTheGatesAlpha0.4_5BD66AD4_VM\OpenTheGatesAlpha0.4.win"","Y:\OpenTheGatesAlpha0.4_5BD66AD4_VM"
Executing (Win32_Process)->Create()

Method execution successful.

Out Parameters:
instance of __PARAMETERS
{
    ProcessId = 16516;
    ReturnValue = 0;
};

X:\\windows\Runner.exe DONE (0)
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:17.1590915s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.3.434/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\Robin\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Windows Run started at 07/13/2021 21:11:33
"cmd"  /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.1721390s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 07/13/2021 21:11:50
"cmd"  /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.1556076s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 07/13/2021 21:11:50
"cmd"  /c subst X: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.1845148s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 07/13/2021 21:11:50
SUCCESS: Run Program Complete
Code:
show_debug_message("TEST");
game_end();

rIKmAN

Okay, thank you for that. It solved that issue. However, a lot of things are broken now in the latest runtime. For example I have a show_debug_message in front of a 'game_end()'. The game ends but the message doesn't appear in the output screen. Any ideas?

GML:
Executing:wmic process call create "X:\\windows\Runner.exe  -game "Y:\OpenTheGatesAlpha0.4_5BD66AD4_VM\OpenTheGatesAlpha0.4.win"","Y:\OpenTheGatesAlpha0.4_5BD66AD4_VM"
Executing (Win32_Process)->Create()

Method execution successful.

Out Parameters:
instance of __PARAMETERS
{
    ProcessId = 16516;
    ReturnValue = 0;
};

X:\\windows\Runner.exe DONE (0)
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:17.1590915s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.3.434/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\Robin\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Windows Run started at 07/13/2021 21:11:33
"cmd"  /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.1721390s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 07/13/2021 21:11:50
"cmd"  /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.1556076s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 07/13/2021 21:11:50
"cmd"  /c subst X: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.1845148s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 07/13/2021 21:11:50
SUCCESS: Run Program Complete
Code:
show_debug_message("TEST");
game_end();
Test using show_message() instead just to make sure you haven't missed it in the output.

CraterHater

Test using show_message() instead just to make sure you haven't missed it in the output.
I am confident I didn't miss it but yes, that does work. However, I am experiencing a lot of issues after having updated to the latest runtime (downgrading doesn't fix it). Right now my Async - Save/Load events aren't working... Has anyone got any idea why a runtime update can break things so substantially? Any way to fix this?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Because the runtime is literally the engine portion of your game that provides all of the functionality your game uses. 😅

I'm able to see debug messages printed right before calling game_end on 2.3.3.570/2.3.3.434. Please test this in an empty project to check if this is a general issue with your installation or local to this specific project.

If you encounter any issues, please try to find reproduction steps and file a bug report so that they can be fixed.