• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

EXE build seems to be buggy

P

profgrosvenor

Hey everyone, this is my first post here and I haven't really used forums in the past so if there is a better way to post these things please let me know.

I upgraded to GM2 last week, currently on IDE v2.0.5.77, Runtime v2.0.5.49. I have a game that I was working on in GM1 and imported to GM 2. When I build to EXE for windows, the installer seems to not be working properly. When it installs it defaults to "program files (x86)" which makes sense, but it doesn't make a new folder inside that, it just dumps the files into "program files (x86)", and the shortcut that it makes on the desktop is unlinked so it doesn't do anything. Now I was doing some testing and I make a new folder on my desktop and install it to that folder, the desktop shortcut is still unlinked, but the EXE file does execute the game (and so far the game itself is working fine). However, when I uninstall it, it deletes the folder that it was installed into. That's most likely normal, but if it gets installed into "program files (x86)" folder and tries to delete that... seems like a bad time.

Because this is the installer being weird I wasn't sure what to take screenshots of, so if there is more information I should be giving, let me know and I'll get it. Also, I know that there is a bug reporter and I'll report there as well, I just wanted to see if anyone else was having issues with it.

P

profgrosvenor

I went to "report a bug" > "go to support forum" and made a post there. Hopefully that is the right place.