• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Exception Processing Message 0xc0000005

Amon

This is constantly happening. I've tried reinstalling GMS2 but no go. I start a new project by clicking new>>>gml>>>create a folder>>>rename it>>> then this message shows up and when I click ok it shuts down the IDE. It refuses to start now no matter what I do. The moment the file/open dialogue shows, within 2 seconds it displays this error and clicking ok closes the GMS2 ide.

GameMakerStudio.exe - System Error
Exception Processing Message 0xc0000005 Parameters 0x7ffe7d531c38 0x7ffe7d531c38 0x7ffe7d531c38 0x7ffe7d531c38

I got a screenshot and I'm going to file a bug report now. Does this happen to anybody else?

I'm using the latest BETA, on a desktop PC, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080 8GB, AMD Octacore Processor, Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I have AVG Internet Security configured to allow GMS2 to run without interference.